PAPA vs. PAP6

A while back in another thread I kinda implied there was little difference between my stack of PAPA and PAP6 Verbatim 16x DVD+R’s. Wrong! A definite pattern has emerged as I burn through these two 100 packs. Just in case anyone was wondering; PAPA is way better than PAP6 when comparing Nero DiscSpeed scans. It’s hard for me to be humble. So, treasure the moment.

Zero difference for my 100pc cakes. Both are great.

Lol rather than assume it’s to do with it being PAPA or PAP6 maybe you should take the simple route and just accept that one spindle is a little better than the other for an unknown reason (random variable quality of production perhaps).

If you had 10 spindles of one and 10 spindles of the other, then I’d believe you if the results continually proved the PAPA is better.

[quote=cd pirate;2135200]Lol rather than assume it’s to do with it being PAPA or PAP6 maybe you should take the simple route and just accept that one spindle is a little better than the other for an unknown reason (random variable quality of production perhaps).[/quote] I would have to agree with this statement.

There is plenty of variation in the “PAPA” serial Verbatims I have used, ranging from brilliant through mediocre to downright unacceptable.

I haven’t had any PAP6 serial Verbatims yet, but using Occam’s Razor it’s not necessary to use any other explanation than simple variation in manufacturing at the same CMC factory.

I wouldn’t jump to conclusions based on one cakebox of each.

My personal experience has been that PAPA does burn better and more consistently than PAP6, but the difference between the two is nowhere near significant enough to justify the “avoid PAP6 at all costs” hyperbole that has been seen floating around here at times. PAP6 burns quite well, and it’s no big deal if you get them instead of PAPA.

I think the main drag on the reputation of PAP6 were some early bad experiences with those 50-pack Intelliflix promo spindles. I actually never used those, as all of my PAPA and PAP6 discs have been Neo-Verbatims.

OK. I have one excellent batch of Verbatim’s and one pile of crap. All of your input is very much appreciated, though.

I had a bad experence a while back with some PAP6 discs but they were from earlier in 2007.
It seems that some people are getting a little better results from them recently but they can
still be some crappy ones left out there (ie) old stock, maybe that is what you got ahold of or
maybe that were produced on a Friday afternoon right before quiting time when everyone was
in a hurry to go home. Then again maybe they could have been produced on a Monday morning
when every one came in all hung over from the weekend. :bigsmile:

Buy 1000 100-packs of PAPA and 1000 100-packs of PAP6 and burn them in 100 Lite-On burners, 100 Samsung burners, 100 Optiarc burners, 100 Plextor burners, 100 LG burners, 100 BenQ burners, 100 Pioneer burners, and 100 other burners. Post your findings and will talk.

I can’t say how delighted I am to attend the surge of good sense in this thread. :smiley: - and before you ask, I’m not being sarcastic (to anyone).

[QUOTE=camellote;2135478]Buy 1000 100-packs of PAPA and 1000 100-packs of PAP6 and burn them in 100 Lite-On burners, 100 Samsung burners, 100 Optiarc burners, 100 Plextor burners, 100 LG burners, 100 BenQ burners, 100 Pioneer burners, and 100 other burners. Post your findings and will talk.[/QUOTE]

I humbly accept your challenge.:wink:

[QUOTE=TheCoffeePolice;2135709]I humbly accept your challenge.;)[/QUOTE]

Me too, so long as the discs are donated free of charge :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2135928]Me too, so long as the discs are donated free of charge :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

it is Total [B]200.000[/B] disc