Panning Pictures in After effects jittery

is there a trick to stop this from happening? everytime i make a picture pan, the outputted movie always gives off a banding/jittery look when the pictures move across the screen. if i use something like memeories2tv to do this, they look fine… is there a setting? do i need to doe something to my pics ahead of time? thanks in advance!

Are you talking about photo to video??? Existing video clip panning???

Ken Burns effect?

im talking about creating a movie from video clips and stills. The stills would be panning across the screen in various ways but the video clips would stay put. thanks

[QUOTE=uronmy49311;1920827]im talking about creating a movie from video clips and stills. The stills would be panning across the screen in various ways but the video clips would stay put. thanks[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a crappy encoding of the video. Panning stills can actually require more video encoding than straight video does, and crappy encoding engines will fail. You’re basically creating a slide show, so look at tools dedicated to that. I like ProShow Gold, but it’s not cheap. It allows mixing video clips and stills, and a huge range of effects like panning and zooming, as well as layered audio clips and tracks.

I’m using Premiere and After Effects. Wouldn’t you think they would be able to handle that simple task? Does it have to do with fields or interlacing ? im rendering out to DVAvi codec. thanks for the help!

[QUOTE=uronmy49311;1920945]I’m using Premiere and After Effects. Wouldn’t you think they would be able to handle that simple task? Does it have to do with fields or interlacing ? im rendering out to DVAvi codec. thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

Try creating MPEG2 with high quality settings instead of AVI.

To eliminate interlacing as the cause try playing a piece in VLC. That will allow you to try several different deinterlacing techniques.

I agree with olyteddy… Sounds like interlacing is your problem. Your video is interlaced, and your photos are not… At least I think I have that right… My brain is still foggy this morning…

I recently put together a project that had both motion video, and slide show generated from pictures using Canopus Imaginate using Premiere for the final product. The video was 24p, but played back at 29.97. The photo videos added were interlaced, and when played back on the TV were jittery. I just deinterlaced the photo videos and re-exported from Premiere and the jitter went away. So yeah, I would say it is an interlacing issue.

cool… i’ll give it a shot with the interlacing! thanks