Panasonic TYG03

Yesterday Panasonic TYG03 offer ended. However, before that I got hundreds of them from UK DVDR, the batch I got is GH000149.:eek:

My 112 burned them at 6X, Jitter, PI are both OK. IMO, very good offer indeed. :D

Expecting next "big meal"!:bow:

GH000157 batch is better considering PIF/Jitter while PIE is almost the same.
I don’t know why you burnt @6X , these TYG03 burn exceptionally well for me at upto 20X speed , but I decided to burn at 16X . Try 16X or 18X and you would be amazed :wink:

I know some people have issues for T03/TYG03, but IMO, if the batch is good, you will still have incredible perfect scan result.

Last month I got some Verbatim branded T03 from SVP – I am very luck, it’s TH000021, my BENQ 1650 love them very much - except the jitter control.:flower:

Sadly, when I ordered some more also from SVP, the batch wasn’t TH000021, it’s TH000034 - still OK but not perfect. I may try third time. It is very difficult to choose the batch what you like - batch’s like a box of chocolate, you never know what you’re going to get.:frowning:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1938633]GH000157 batch is better considering PIF/Jitter while PIE is almost the same.
I don’t know why you burnt @6X , these TYG03 burn exceptionally well for me at upto 20X speed , but I decided to burn at 16X . Try 16X or 18X and you would be amazed ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your suggestion minaelromany. Here’s the same batch burnt @16X, I can’t go any faster than 16X because I am using laptop with Plextor PX-504UF,708UF,755UF and 810UF external enclosures with variouse of internal drives.

I wish I could have similar PIE from my Panny TYG03s, although I notice from the site they are printables.

I may wait until I get another non-BenQ drive before burning the 175 odd I’ve got left.

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1938633]GH000157 batch is better considering PIF/Jitter while PIE is almost the same.
I don’t know why you burnt @6X , these TYG03 burn exceptionally well for me at upto 20X speed , but I decided to burn at 16X . Try 16X or 18X and you would be amazed ;)[/QUOTE]
Its up to you, but IMO you [I]always[/I] get better results with lower speed burning, I have yet to see any disk burnt faster, that does not have a better result when made at a lower speed in the same setup …burning at 1x and 2x might be the exception, but that is also not something I would waste my time on either. 4x, 6x and 8x are almost a given as being the better disk speeds to use IMO.

My Panasonic TYG03’s (GH000073 and 21) are so much better at 8x than 12x or 16x and I would not even bother making a disk faster than that, I just dont bother with > 8x burns anymore, I dont see the point for the minute saved.

[QUOTE=Lenny_Nero;1939234]Its up to you, but IMO you always get better results with lower speed burning, I have yet to see any disk burnt faster, that does not have a better result when made at a lower speed in the same setup …burning at 1x and 2x might be the exception, but that is also not something I would waste my time on either. 4x, 6x and 8x are almost a given as being the better disk speeds to use IMO.

My Panasonic TYG03’s (GH000073 and 21) are so much better at 8x than 12x or 16x and I would not even bother making a disk faster than that, I just dont bother with > 8x burns anymore, I dont see the point for the minute saved.[/QUOTE]

Older batches of Panasonic TYG03 also did that with me (lower speed = better results) but with my current batch (over 1k discs) 16X speed seems to be the sweet spot .

Here is a 16X speed burn : (Second disc) http://club.cdfreaks.com/1938711-post138.html

And for comparison here is a 12X speed burn :

Keep in mind that I scan burns with LiteOn (1 ECC scanner) and Benq (8 ECC scanner) at 4X/16X for the Lity and 8X/16X for the Benq plus TRT

Well according to scans it might be the sweet spot due to a few less errors but I’d always say 4x 6x and 8x are by far the most reliable.

Even 4x can produce discs with higher errors and higher jitter but I rarely, if ever at all see 4x create a coaster (on good quality 16x discs) whereas I’ve seen 12x, 16x and higher produce coasters.

I personally don’t trust 16x or faster even if the error levels etc look just as nice. Maybe I’m a bit too paranoid but to each their own I guess :wink:

Btw on the subject with TYG03 - I’d never burn my Verbatim branded ones @ higher than 8x. They seem to get even more unpredictable when speed increases.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;1939375]Well according to scans it might be the sweet spot due to a few less errors but I’d always say 4x 6x and 8x are by far the most reliable.

Even 4x can produce discs with higher errors and higher jitter but I rarely, if ever at all see 4x create a coaster (on good quality 16x discs) whereas I’ve seen 12x, 16x and higher produce coasters.

I personally don’t trust 16x or faster even if the error levels etc look just as nice. Maybe I’m a bit too paranoid but to each their own I guess :wink:

Btw on the subject with TYG03 - I’d never burn my Verbatim branded ones @ higher than 8x. They seem to get even more unpredictable when speed increases.[/QUOTE]

The link in my post above shows a coaster of TYG03 disc when Samsung 203B reverted to 4X speed :bigsmile:

The general rule about burning 16X media at 8X/12X speed still applies to other MIDs I use ( OPTODISC R16 and MCC004 ) 8X is the sweet spot for them.

The particular GH000157 batch of Panny TYG03 is the “only” batch that 16X buring speed is the best for it (for me at least)

As a rule I follow : Higher speed burning is good when there are no rise in PIF/PIE/Jitter towards the edge of a disc when scanning at 16X :slight_smile:

I rarely, if ever at all see 4x create a coaster ([B]on good quality 16x discs[/B]) whereas I’ve seen 12x, 16x and higher produce coasters.

[B]Real[/B] good quality discs should not produce errors (or even rise in errors) when burning at the maximum “rated” speed :wink:
That is why I prefer TYG03 over MCC004 :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1939387[B]Real[/B] good quality discs should not produce errors (or even rise in errors) when burning at the maximum “rated” speed ;)[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. If I have to burn a disc at half its rated speed to get good results, it’s [B][I]not[/I][/B] quality media. There is nothing crazy about expecting 16x media to burn well at 16x; the tech has been around since 2004.

I get some really good results from my Panny TYG03, I’ve posted scans and TRTs here and there.

I forget the batch # without going to look, but they were so good I bought a 100 spindle from SVP, which I’ve yet to open.

I’m not usually an -R person, so that says quite a bit. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1939560]I get some really good results from my Panny TYG03, I’ve posted scans and TRTs here and there.

I forget the batch # without going to look, but they were so good I bought a 100 spindle from SVP, which I’ve yet to open.

I’m not usually an -R person, so that says quite a bit. ;)[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

I am a DVD+R guy myself but could not resist the quality of Panny TYG03 .
I’ve bought 36x25 spindles and 20x5 packs of slim cases (1000 discs total !) for about 2550 EP (465$) :bigsmile:

What I like about Panny TYG03 :

-Made In Japan
-Perfectly made (no defects EVER)
-Amazing consistency
-High speed burning
-Compatible with all my burners old or new
-Awesome design with Gold finish
-Relatively cheap against low quality/fake media here in Egypt (same price as TDK Prodisc R04 and cheaper than HP CMC MAG M01) :eek:

BTW : I do not work for Panasonic :bigsmile:

I would like to see some of your scans Arachne , searching for them now

That burn that reverted back to 4x was not an actual 4x burn though. It was an attempted high speed one :stuck_out_tongue:

If you burned @ 4x from the start, I bet you’d have a working disc. I could be wrong though lol.

I think the comment you made about really good media burning well @ maximum speed is somewhat true. But remember, you’re using the best of the best TYG03 and good writers. I have used the best of the best Verbatim and it worked very nicely @ 16x and 18x (don’t have a 20x writer yet).

On the other hand, I’ve also used Verbatim that’s not A grade and also TYG03 that’s not A grade and both can’t burn above 12x without causing errors. Sometimes even 12x can create problems.

Yet 8x produces a burn that’s similar to another 8x burn on the good batch. Thus my reason for going with 8x. Sometimes spindles aren’t consistent enough either.

I think your testing methods are good though. If you can scan @ 16x and get no rise in errors at the end of the disc, I’d say that’s quite a good burn.

Just for the sake of it - here’s some of what I call my premium Verbatim. CMC Made. 4x burn on my LG 4167B.

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1939633]
I would like to see some of your scans Arachne , searching for them now[/QUOTE]

I’ll burn a few in different drives for this thread (TRTs will only be shown if there’s a problem, to save thread space). :slight_smile:

The burns will be at 8x since that’s the speed I most often burn at.

[quote=minaelromany;1938633]I don’t know why you burnt @6X , these TYG03 burn exceptionally well for me at upto 20X speed , but I decided to burn at 16X . Try 16X or 18X and you would be amazed ;)[/quote] My Panasonic TYG03 GH000073 produce the best results for me at 6x in my Pioneer DVR-111L all things considered (medium+high speed scans, TRT in several drives, playback in picky DVD player). My new Pioneer DVR-112D (soon to become 112L) might rival the result in my 111L - results are equally good at 8x and 18x but ever so slightly worse than at 6x in the 111L.

Results in my Optiarc AD-7170A are downright awful as with most DVD-R media, due to serious TRT slowdowns in my BenQ 1655 drive.

My LiteOn SHM-165P6S and BenQ DW1655 produce discs that occasionally freeze in my pickiest DVD player and my Plextor PX-760A produce discs that freeze alot in that DVD player.

None of the serious problems are really visible by just looking at PIE/PIF scans.

Pic 1: 8x burn on LG E10N
Pic 2: 8x burn on Sammy SH-S182D…for some reason with this MID, PIE are always slightly higher with this drive. :slight_smile:

GH000142 batch BTW :slight_smile:

LOL dont make me wack mine out :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=marcus_667;1939756]LOL dont make me wack mine out :p[/QUOTE]

Oh go on…:wink:

Batch number too if you please :wink:

right burning now and batch is GH000142 same as youres :stuck_out_tongue: scanning preferences ? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=marcus_667;1939762]right burning now and batch is GH000142 same as youres :stuck_out_tongue: scanning preferences ? :)[/QUOTE]

My scanning preferences? Yeah, Litey please :flower: