Panasonic Recorder/Player News

vbimport

Panasonic Recorder/Player News

New Panasonics for 2007

check them out:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prModelDetail?storeId=11301&catalogId=13251&itemId=104566&modelNo=Content01062007085220398&surfModel=Content01062007085220398

No new HDD models listed

also read this:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prModelDetail?storeId=11301&catalogId=13251&itemId=104590&modelNo=Content01072007024440900&surfModel=Content01072007024440900

Feel free to update this information

The Panasonic DVD S52 Player is the lowest cost Panasonic Player the will play DVD-Ram (removed from cartridge).

The Panasonic DVD S1 Player will not play DVD-Ram, has no in unit display or HDMI output.

Panasonic DMR ES15S $119.99 free shipping

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=207432

[B]Quick Model Feature List:[/B]

[B]DMR-ES15[/B]
[B]Progressive Scan DVD Recorder with DV input—Records to DVD-RAM/-R/-RW/+R/+RW Discs[/B]

[B]DMR-ES15S = DNR-ES15 [/B] in silver color. One DVD-Ram disc included.
[B]DVR-ES25S = DMR-ES25[/B] in silver color. No HDMI cable or SD card included.
[B]DMR-ES46VS = DMR-ES45VS[/B] made for some store chains. HDMI cable [B]is[/B] included.

[B]DMR-ES25 = DMR-ES15[/B] with HDMI output and SD Card Slot Added
[B]DMR-ES35VS = DMR-ES15 [/B] with built in VCR Added
[B]DMR-ES45VS = DMR-ES25[/B] with built in VCR and EZ Sync Control (IR Blaster) Added
[B]DMR-EH55S = DMR-ES45VS [/B] with 200GB HDD in place of the VCR
[B]DMR-EH75S = DMR-ES45VS[/B] with built in VCR, EZ Sync Control (IR Blaster) and 80GB HDD
[B]DMR-EX85[/B] = [B]DNR-EH75S[/B] with 250GB HHD

[B]Note:[/B] All the 2006 DMR Recorders use the same basic DVD Drive and have the same Record Playback Specifications. Prices range from about $130 to $500 depending on features.
Unlike many Combo Recorders the ES35VS,ES45VS,ES46VS and EH75S [B]will [/B] work with a Video Enhancer.
Some Model Numbers end in V rather than VS (V is black version VS silver version) Panasonic also uses a K for the black version. The ES15 and ES25 do not have built in fans.

[B]DMR-ES15:[/B][I] This base model has great PQ without the extras.[/I] [B]A BEST BUY[/B]
[B]DMR-ES25:[/B] [I]This step model costs about $50 more than the ES15.[/I]
[B]DMR-ES35VS:[/B] [I]This budget level combo DVD/VCR costs about $140 more than the ES15.[/I]
[B]DMR-ES45VS:[/B] [I]This is the step combo DVD/VCR, costs only about $30 more than the ES35VS.[/I] [B]A BEST BUY[/B]
[B]DMR-EH55S:[/B] [I]This step up model offers a [U]large 200GB HDD[/U] in place of a VCR, but costs about $500.[/I]
[B]DMR-EH75S:[/B] [I]This step up model had both VCR and HDD, cost the same as the EH55S, but the HDD is smaller.[/I]
[B]DMR-EX85:[/B] [I]This model has it all, cost is $900+.[/I]

[B] DMR-ES15[/B]

[B]COMPATIBILITY:[/B]
[B] Recordable Disc Type[/B] DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
[B] Multi-Format Playback [/B] (Playable Disc Type) DVD: DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-R (DL), DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R (DL), DVD+RW
CD: CD (CDDA), Video CD, CD-R/RW (including MP3 and JPEG files)
[B] DVD-RAM Video Playback Capability[/B] Yes
[B]DVD-R Playback 1 Capability [/B] Yes
[B] CD-R/RW Playback 2 [/B] Yes
[B]
MP3 Playback 3 Capability [/B] Yes
[B] CONVENIENCE:[/B]
[B] EZ Syncâ„¢ HDAVI Control [/B] No
[B]Time Slip Function Chasing Playback
Simultaneous Record and Play
Time SlipTM Button [/B]
[B] TV Guide On ScreenTM Program Guide 4[/B] No
[B]
Built-in Hard Disk Drive[/B] No
[B] One-Touch Record and Play[/B] Yes
[B] 1 Second Quick Start[/B] Yes, using DVD-RAM discs only
[B] Rapid Random Access, Recording and Playback [/B] Yes, with DVD-RAM discs
[B] Playlist Playback[/B] Yes
[B] Direct Navigator [/B] Yes
[B] Selectable Recording Modes[/B] XP/SP/LP/EP/FR
[B] Quick View [/B] Yes
[B] Flexible Recording (FR Mode)[/B] Yes
[B] Bilingual Recording [/B] Yes, DVD-RAM disc only
[B] VIDEO: [/B] Yes
[B] 2x LP Horizontal Resolution Recording [/B] Yes, records 500 lines of horizontal resolution in LP mode
[B] VHS Refresh Dubbing to DVD[/B] Yes
[B] 4x Natural Gradation [/B] Yes
[B] Progressive Scanning [/B] Yes
[B] Horizontal Resolution [/B] More than 500 lines
[B] INPUT/OUTPUT: [/B] Yes
[B] HDMI Interface [/B] No
[B]
DV Input Terminal[/B] Yes
[B] Built-in SD Card Slot[/B] No
[B] A/V Inputs S-Video Inputs: 2 (1 front)
Composite Video Inputs: 2 (1 front)
Audio L/R Inputs: 2 (1 front)
RF Inputs: 1 (VHF/UHF) [/B]
[B] 2ch Audio Out[/B] Yes
[B] Component Video Out[/B] (Y, PB, PR) Yes
[B] S-Video Outputs [/B] 1
[B] Composite Video Outputs[/B] Yes
[B]Optical Digital Output for DTS® & Dolby Digital® Surround Sound[/B] Yes
[B] Digital Audio Out Optical (Dolby Digital, DTS, and PCM) [/B]

Power Source AC 120V, 60Hz

Power Consumption 19W (6.1 in standby mode)

Remote Control Universal (TV/DVD)

Color Silver

Dimensions (H x W x D) 25/16’’ x 1615/16’’ x 913/16’’

Weight 6.16 lbs

Footnotes
1 This unit can play back Panasonic DVD-R discs recorded and finalized with a Panasonic DVD video recorder. It may not be able to play some DVD-R discs depending on the disc and the condition of the recording.
2 Plays CD-DA format audio CD-R and CD-RW discs. May not be able to play some CD-R or CD-RW discs due to the condition of the recording.
3 For contents recorded on CD-R/RW media from CDs for your personal use. Playability may vary depending on contents and discs.
4 To use this function, your DVD recorder must be connected to a TV antenna and able to receive a terrestrial broadcast that includes EPG data in the transmission. VCR Plus+ will not be available unless the DVD recorder has retrieved EPG program listings. TV GUIDE and other related marks are registered marks of Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. and/or one of its affiliates. TV Guide On Screen, G-LINK, VCR Plus+ and PlusCode are registered marks of Gemstar-TV Guide International and/or one of its affiliates.

The above link doesn’t work for me…

Thanks for the heads up. I posted a new link

Panasonic DMR-EX85
PRESS HERE

[B]Panasonic 2007 DVD Recorder & DVD Recorder/VHS Combo Specifications, Prices & Shipping Dates[/B]

[B]DMR-EZ47V:[/B] DVD/VHS record/playback, Accutune digital/analog tuner, 1080p video up-conversion3, EZ-Sync HDAVI Control, super multi-format record and playback support, 2X LP horizontal resolution, Dolby Digital and dts surround sound via optical and HDMI output, DivX playback, DV auto recording, SD Card slot.
[B]SRP: $379.95 Intro: May[/B]

[B]DMR-EZ37V:[/B] DVD/VHS record/playback, Accutune digital/analog tuner, super multi-format record and playback support, 2X LP horizontal resolution, Dolby Digital and dts surround sound via optical output, DivX playback, DV auto recording.
[B]SRP: $329.95 Intro: April [/B]

[I]My personal opinion is $60-$80 increase in price is not justified for adding a digital tuner an a few minor changes. I hope the selling price is much lower than SRP when they are on sale. Some people like me use a digital cable box so a digital tuner means very little.[/I]

[B]DMR-EZ27: [/B] DVD record/playback, Accutune digital/analog tuner, 1080p video up-conversion3, EZ-Sync HDAVI Control, super multi-format record and playback support, 2X LP horizontal resolution, Dolby Digital and dts surround sound via optical and HDMI output, DivX playback, DV auto recording, SD Card slot.
[B]SRP: $279.95 Intro: May[/B]

[B]DMR-EZ17: [/B] DVD record/playback, Accutune digital/analog tuner, super multi-format record and playback support, 2X LP horizontal resolution, Dolby Digital and dts surround sound via optical output, DivX playback, DV auto recording.
[B] SRP: $229.95 Intro: April[/B]

“We consider the addition of digital tuners to our DVD recorder line a significant enhancement to our already top rated line of DVD recorders,” Panasonic DVD Marketing Manager Alberto Reggiani said. “Accutune future-proofs analog television owners from any trauma associated with FCC mandates for the termination of analog broadcasting. No matter where in the country they live, whether the transition to digital happens early or right on the February 2009 deadline, owners of these new DVD recorders will be able to go on watching and recording all their favorite programs without investing in a new TV or trying to find a suitable converter for their old one. This also allows the user to record digital content in a secondary room where a consumer might not have a set-top box.”

Other features common to all four new DVD recorders include 1080p up-conversion to accommodate the growing trend to 1080p displays, EZ-Syncâ„¢ HDAVI Control system for one-touch operation of Panasonic home theater components, super multi-format recording and playback capability, [U]auto-finalizing of DVD-R discs, Title Acquisition of programs directly from broadcast signals2, sub-screen display for easy record scheduling while viewing a program[/U], Virtual Multi-Encode for 2X (500-line) resolution in LP (four-hour) recording mode. The recorders also make it very easy to record from DV camcorders via a DVI.

Step-up models in the new series, the DMR-EZ47V DVD/VHS combo recorder and the DMR-EZ27 DVD-only recorder, offer 1080p digital video up-conversion3 for producing virtual HD images from standard-definition sources, DivX playback and SD Card slots for storing, viewing and copying JPEG formatted still photos.

Both the advanced EZ47V and entry-level EZ37V DVD/VHS combo units [U]feature auto-drive select of pre-recorded VHS cassettes or DVD discs and support easy copying of non-copyrighted DVDs to VHS tape for sharing with people who don’t own a DVD player.[/U] The recorders also feature simple “one touch two way dubbing” from DVD to VHS or from VHS to DVD which will allow consumers to share their memories with their friends and family.

This is great news, but do these recorder have a hard drive?

The four in the post do not have hard drives.
No word yet on new units with hard drives other than the EX85.
I look every day.
Are you looking to buy?
DMR-EH55S on sale at J&R for $449.99
DNR-EH75VS on sale at Amazon for $399.88

Thanks, but I already have two recorders (see my sig).
I would buy a new one if it had features similar to
my LiteOn but with a digital (atsc) tuner. :slight_smile:
P.S. In my searching I just read that LiteOn will be
quitting their branded standalone recorder business
and only make OEM for other companies…

In my searching I just read that LiteOn will be
quitting their branded standalone recorder business
and only make OEM for other companies…

Old news now released in Nov. 2006

Information on the new 2007 models now on the Panasonic web site:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vOverview?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&catGroupId=24985&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702

[B]Users Manual DMR EZ-17[/B]
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/DMREZ17.PDF
[B]Users Manual DMR EZ-17[/B]
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/DMREZ27-MUL.PDF

Panasonic 2007 DVD Recorder & DVD Recorder/VHS Combo Specifications, Prices & Shipping Dates

[B]DMR-EZ47V[/B]: DVD/VHS record/playback, Accutune digital/analog tuner, 1080p video up-conversion3, EZ-Sync HDAVI Control, super multi-format record and playback support, 2X LP horizontal resolution, Dolby Digital and dts surround sound via optical and HDMI output, DivX playback, DV auto recording, SD Card slot. SRP: $379.95 Intro: May

[B]DMR-EZ37V[/B]: DVD/VHS record/playback, Accutune digital/analog tuner, super multi-format record and playback support, 2X LP horizontal resolution, Dolby Digital and dts surround sound via optical output, DivX playback, DV auto recording. SRP: $329.95 Intro: April

[B]DMR-EZ27[/B]: DVD record/playback, [U]Accutune digital/analog tuner[/U], 1080p video up-conversion3, EZ-Sync HDAVI Control, super multi-format record and playback support, 2X LP horizontal resolution, Dolby Digital and dts surround sound via optical and [U]HDMI output[/U], [U]DivX playback[/U], DV auto recording, [U]SD Card slot[/U]. SRP: $279.95 Intro: May [B](look for this to be sold for about $250 - just $50 more than the EZ17 I have only seen the black version)[/B]

[B]DMR-EZ17[/B]: DVD record/playback, [U]Accutune digital/analog tuner[/U], super multi-format record and playback support, 2X LP horizontal resolution, Dolby Digital and dts surround sound via optical output, (DivX playback), DV auto recording. SRP: $229.95 Intro: April [B](now bing sold for about $200 - I don’t think the USA version has DivX playback, I have only seen the silver version)[/B]

About Panasonic

Based in Secaucus, NJ, Panasonic Corporation of North America markets a broad line of digital and other electronics products for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (NYSE: MC) of Japan, and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Information about Panasonic and its products is available at www.panasonic.com. Additional company information for journalists is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.

1 Models DMR-EZ47V and EZ27 only

2 Some program signals may not include title information

3 Via HDMI output

[B]Panasonic DMR EZ17S[/B]

DMR EZ17 now at Walmart for $197.82
DMR EZ27K now at Walmart for $248.77

check here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=830594

I’m sure the price will drop

WalMat errors:
Panasonic’s DMREZ27K DVD recorder delivers extremely high HDMI picture quality (1080i) through its up-conversion capabilities. That means you get 2x LP horizontal resolution (500 lines) in all your recordings. The ATSC digital tuner built right into this recorder makes it digital broadcast capable. Features like EZ Synch HDAVI control, HDMI simple connection and super multi-format recording and playback help you do everything you want, quickly and easily.
Panasonic DVD Recorder with Built-in ATSC Tuner:

* Bilingual recording
* CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable Media)
* Chapter preview
* Slim design
* On-screen menu icons (GUI)
* Energy Star
* Auto switching field/ frame still
* Frame advance (forward/reverse)
* Black level control
* Optical digital output (DTS, Dolby Digital)
* Dynamic range compression
* Picture control (brightness, color, contrast)
* Component out
* Still picture display (I/P/B)
* TBC and 3DNR
* Image and video archiving to disc
* DV input
* VHS Hi-Fi, SQPB  :confused: 
* One touch two way recording  :confused: 
* Finalize DVD-R on eject
* DVD-recorder and VCR +RW recording  :confused:

In our household we have Comcast Cable. We receive HD signals on our Sony HD TV through a Comcast Cable Card. For a time my daughter had a Comcast HD cable box connected to her Norcent HD LCD TV. She had little interest in HD so she returned the HD cable box for a Comcast digital cable box. I also use a Comcast digital cable box on my Westinghouse HD LCD TV. I have two Panasonics (a DMR-ES35V and a DMR-ES30V) enslaved to this Comcast digital cable box.

In another room I have four Panasonics (two DMR-ES35V, one DMR-ES30V, and one DMR-EZ17) connected directly to the Comcast cable coax with no cable box.

The DMR-EZ17 is equipped with analog and digital tuners that tune analog and digital channels only up to channel 135 in either analog or digital tuning.

The Specifications section of the Operating Instructions for all the new Panasonics, DMR-EZ17, DMR-EZ27, DMR-EZ37, DMR-EZ47, DMR-EZ475, and their variants, all show the same 135 channel range for analog and digital tuning.

My DMR-EZ17 does relocate most of the digital and/or HD versions of local channels down next to their companion channels. Of course HD channels are viewed and recorded in “standard definition” with the DMR-EZ17.

Most of the Comcast digital channels are located well beyond the tuning capabilities of my DMR-EZ17. TCM, my favorite channel, is found on our local Comcast service at channel 501 among many other digital premium channels in the 500 channel range. HD channels are located in the 700 channel range. Music channels are located in the 900 channel range.

The Panasonic statement “owners of these new DVD recorders will be able to go on watching and recording all their favorite programs without investing in a new TV or trying to find a suitable converter for their old one” is a bit of an exaggeration.