Panasonic Portable DVD Player

Okay, so I just got a Panasonic DVD Player (Model No. DVD-LS865 DVD-LS855) and I want to get it to plug into the TV so I can also watch my DivX movies on it with my family. There is only one spot to plug it in on the DVD Player. It’s a yellow AV spot that says Audio/Video above it. I tried plugging a red-yellow-white cord into both the TV and the VCR. I tried every channel, and pressed AUX on the DVD Player. My TV has standard cable. I have no idea what to do and I can’t get it to work. Please help me! It would help me soooo much.

rockstar555

Go to page 15 of your OwnersManual/Operating Instructions and they have a nice little picture for you to follow…
You have to switch your input source on the TV to watch…

I know, I looked at the nice little picture. I put it in right and everything. AND I switched the input. TV1, TV2, something else, and TV3. I was trying to find AV or something like that but it didnt work… do I need a cord that has JUST yellow on one side? Cuz I’m using one that has red-yellow-white on both sides, and just leaving the other 2 out.

Did you solve the problem of connecting the Panasonic DVD-LS855 to a TV? I have exactly the same problem and wonder if the device is defective. Everything else works, and I followed the instructions. The same way I connected my last portable DVD player to my TV won’t work with this one - I even used the same cable to make sure it wasn’t a cable problem. Thanks.

Instructions from the Manual…
Connect supplied cable to TV/Video Camera…
[B]Press [AV SELECT] to switch to AUX[/B]…
AUX lights on the unit’s display…
Watch movie…
Directions are found on page 15 of your Owners Manual/Operating Instructions…

Had the same AV output problem with the LS855 that I bought today.
Looks like panasonic didn’t qa the product enough before shipping from the factory. I discovered that the red and yellow output channels are flipped!!

HOw embarrassing for Panasonic! So much for Japanese brand quality… very disappointed!!
I am taking it back to Costco and getting another model from another manufactuer .

Hope the issue is the same for all you folks here with the same issue…

really? okay thanks! ill try it out!

This thread solved my problem! I have an LS855 and was not getting any video out. I connected the cable and the red cable did indeed have the video on it. I had several different cables and found that the only one that worked is the one that has a single 2.5 mm connector on one side and 3 connectors on the other end (yellow, red and white).

By the way, the AUX setting on the player is intended for inputing video and audio from another source to the LS855. Like if you wanted to pipe the signal from a vcr to your portable dvd player.

Thanks for the help. I would have never figured this out on my own.

I have the LS855 model without the AV Cable. Tried to flip the Red & Yellow with no luck. Still get audio only. Not using the exact cable as described on page 15 but a combination from another dead portable DVD player.

So where can I buy the cable as described on page 15?

Thanks!