Panasonic outlines its Blu-ray plans

The format battle between Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD is over, but the lone high-definition format is having a difficult time trying to excite the average consumer.

Both Blu-ray players and Blu-ray movie sales have been rather unimpressive since HD DVD folded earlier in the year, and the Sony PlayStation 3 remains the most popular Blu-ray player. But with the holiday shopping season rolling around, and standalone players dropping in price, now may be the best time for manufacturers to make a strong effort into sales and promotion.

For consumers wondering why Blu-ray is a good choice for home entertainment, it was described in a simple way for CDFreaks:

“Blu-ray is the only technology that produces 1080p resolution and is the ultimate entertainment experience,” said Panasonic spokesperson Jeff Samuels. “Most CE companies are producing Blu-ray players: Panasonic, Sony, Pioneer, Denon, Toshiba, Samsung, LG, etc.”

Rest of the article available on the CDFreaks front page

RANDOMOUS’
Well if PANASONIC is smart it will put out a smaller more
affordable BLU-RAY machine for the average consumer.
However if you already have a dish network H.D. DVR.
Then you already have 1080p resolution.
ZAP.:bigsmile::clap:

I’m super curious to see what the price point for the new Panasonic Blu-ray players will be.

The Panasonic P.R. person refused to spill the beans. :frowning:

Prices will definitely be falling for players. I really think that’s where the next war will lie and fortunately, it will only benefit the consumer. I’ve actually been working with Warner Home Video on some projects and they’re almost banking on it.