Panasonic Media Card Won\'t Play AVCHD (Panasonic DMP-BD30K)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMP-BD30K. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello,

I recently purchased a Panasonic Blue Ray Player DMP-BD 35.

It has a media card slot, SanDisk, that is supposed to play JPEG and AVCHD files.

It plays the JPEG files fine but won’t play my Sony AVCHD files. My Sony Camera has a hard drive for storage and saves Hi-Def as a M2TS extension.

If I copy one of these files from the camcorder to a SanDisk (Media Card), and place in the Panasonic media slot it won’t play. I called Panasonic and they say it should work. I tried changing the extension to MTS and AVCHD but no luck.

Any suggestions???

Thank you

I believe you need to convert/remux your M2TS files into AVCHD or Blu-ray format. You probably can use the bundled software from Sony, otherwise you can try tsremux or tsmuxer.

Hello,

Isn’t a MT2S file a AVCHD already?

Jerry

Similar to MPEG, VOB etc, M2TS is a container because it contains video and audio streams. I’m referring AVCHD format above as a structure with folders that contains M2TS/MTS. More info about AVCHD and its disc structure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD. I don’t have Panasonic BD35 so I can’t tell if it can play M2TS on the root or it has to be in AVCHD structure.

Thank you very much for your help.

I did find a thread that stated the entire structure needs to be in place to work. Too bad there is ZERO in the BlueRay, Panasonic, 49 page manual. Their support was likewise unaware of this important issue.

I do like the player but disappointed on the difficulty of playing AVCHD content from the media disk as advertised.

Regards.

Not the panasonic player fault. Even on PC where you can put any software you want, it’s not that easy to play m2ts, you need special decoders if you want to play with your favorite software. The player is just a player that can only play some formats. We wish there’s a player that can play any formats including divx, avi, flash video, quicktime… :smiley:

Anyway, is there any settings in your Sony camcorder to output to AVCHD structure instead of only m2ts files? If not your option is use tsmuxer or tsremux (both freeware). Insert the m2ts and output as blu-ray, then copy the entire structure back to your sandisk card.