Panasonic LM-BRS2MWE10 6x BD-R, NON-50 Years Archive Life

vbimport

http://www.totalblankmedia.com/panasonic-bdr-25gb-bluray-printable-10-spindle-p-2079.html

Got these from totalblankmedia, hoping to pick up some real 50 Years Archive Life BD-R to replace the disappointing Falcon 4x Plus Pro. Sadly, there’s only the Olympics logo on the packaging. A case of false advertising?

It seems the original LM-BRS2MWE10/LM-BRS2MWE25 with 50 Years Logo are fast disappearing. Is Panasonic withdrawing the 50 Years Archive Life claims for these consumer grade media, reserving it for the professional archival grade LM-BRS2MQB25 that cost many times more?

Anyway, Panasonic offers two different consumer product lines :
6x LM-BRS2MWE10/LM-BRS2MWE25 (MEI-RA1-001) for Europe and 4x LM-BRS25LT50 (MEI-T02-001) for Japan. So which is better?

At rated 6x burn speed, the LM-BRS2MWE10 has decent scan quality, but deteriorates at 10x burn speed. High read speed on the Samsung doesn’t fare well.

The 4x rated LM-BRS25LT50, on the other hand, offer the best scan quality seen in this forum. 10x burn, Samsung high speed scan, etc, no problem at all. However, the origin of these versatile media remains a mystery. They share the same media code as the JVC, and are not listed in official Panasonic website. Any info?

In short, both the LM-BRS2MWE10 and LM-BRS25LT50 behave well in the Samsung. Does anyone know where to get the original 50 Years LM-BRS2MWE10/LM-BRS2MWE25?

10x burn on Pioneer BDR-206.

Media: LM-BRS2MWE10 6x BR-R 25GB MIJ
MID: MEI-RA1-001
Burner: Pioneer BDR-206
Burn Speed: 10x
ImgBurn setting :

• Perform OPC Before Write : Checked
  • BD-R Verify Not Required : Unchecked

6x burn on Pioneer BDR-206. Note the different scan results of Samsung and Lite-On at 8x scan speed.

Burn Speed: 6x
ImgBurn setting :

• BD-R Verify Not Required : Unchecked

I usually burn mine at x4 in my Lite-on iHBS312. Attached is a fairly typical scan.

That’s a beauty, Steve. These are the ones with Olympics logo, I presume?

Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope they scan just as well 50 years down the road.

Best regards.

Yes - they were the ones with the Olympic logo.

Like you I am slightly disconcerted that Panasonics here no longer feature the 50 year archive life logo.

[QUOTE=mariner8611;2679087]10x burn on Pioneer BDR-206.

Burn Speed: 10x
ImgBurn setting :

• BD-R Verify Not Required : Unchecked[/QUOTE]

Though it is hard to guess how accurate that scan with DiscSpeed is, the best of your scanning drives, the 312, shows a decent 10x burn. I imagine you would be better able to gauge your scans vs others if you were using 4x OptiDriveControl scanning.

[QUOTE=SteveJC;2679096]I usually burn mine at x4 in my Lite-on iHBS312. Attached is a fairly typical scan.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you’re getting some nice burns.