Panasonic LM-BR25MDP archival grade off ebay

vbimport

Are the fancy packaged premium disks that usually sell for $25USD each, the same as the bulk blanker looking Panasonic ones? I only want a handfull & not a whole bunch.

Second, how do you spot a counterfeit? If the id in imageburn shows up as MEI-RA1-01. Is this a legit disc?

thank you

That’s the right MID for a 6x Made in Japan Panasonic BD-R. It’s the same MID as the “cheap” 6x Panasonics. I don’t think the archival grade discs are supposed to have a different MID, but I’m not certain.

In terms of how to tell it’s legit, a disc quality scan after burning would be my first suggestion. This of course requires you to have a drive that can scan.

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2763443]That’s the right MID for a 6x Made in Japan Panasonic BD-R. It’s the same MID as the “cheap” 6x Panasonics. I don’t think the archival grade discs are supposed to have a different MID, but I’m not certain.

In terms of how to tell it’s legit, a disc quality scan after burning would be my first suggestion. This of course requires you to have a drive that can scan.[/QUOTE]

It seems the huge price difference is more for the looks & packaging. My drive doesn’t do quality scan.

Thanks