Panasonic embraces DivX Plus HD in 3D Blu-ray players

vbimport

I just posted the article Panasonic embraces DivX Plus HD in 3D Blu-ray players.

The next generation of 3D Blu-ray players from Panasonic will be the first to support DivX Plus HD, allowing for compressed digital video with lots of extra features.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/panasonic-embraces-divx-plus-hd-in-3d-blu-ray-players-29024/](http://www.myce.com/news/panasonic-embraces-divx-plus-hd-in-3d-blu-ray-players-29024/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Buy a PS3.
Then you can also play PS3 games :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=debro;2513968]Buy a PS3.
Then you can also play PS3 games :)[/QUOTE]
Yep, PS3 is once again the better “Blu-ray player” option, with the added “bonus” of supporting gaming and many other features. I bet Sony will add DivX Plus HD to the PS3 via firmware update as well, as they do with most new Blu-ray player features.

Regarding 3D Blu-ray movie compatibility on the PS3, I wonder if Sony is specifically waiting to implement this til next year to give other manufacturers (and Sony standalone blu-ray players) the chance to sell some 3D Blu-ray player units first…

If this is just an issue of FIRMWARE, then expect the $89 blu-ray player firmware to be HACKED so that the CHEAPEST amongst the players can do what the $400 blu-ray player does. I would’ve expected the entertainment industry who has the MONOPOLY on the blu-ray standard to disallow divx or ANY OTHER NON DRM formats from being utilized on the players… knowing that is a losing battle, making a compromise in the MOST EXPENSIVE players isn’t exactly a concession, more a slap in the face so that cheaper players get hacked.

@tmc8080 firmware hacks normally work only if the cheaper player uses the same hardware, which is not the case with most Blu-ray players…

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2514090]Yep, PS3 is once again the better “Blu-ray player” option, with the added “bonus” of supporting gaming and many other features. I bet Sony will add DivX Plus HD to the PS3 via firmware update as well, as they do with most new Blu-ray player features.

Regarding 3D Blu-ray movie compatibility on the PS3, I wonder if Sony is specifically waiting to implement this til next year to give other manufacturers (and Sony standalone blu-ray players) the chance to sell some 3D Blu-ray player units first…[/QUOTE]

Yes! Finally, the PS3 will get direct MKV support … it was just a matter of time…
Now, if we can just convince sony to decode H264 videos with encoding profiles above 4.0 :wink: