Panasonic dvd rv21 wont play copies

Hi
I recently copied movies onto DVD+R media. The copied disks played fine the first time I loaded them into the Panasonic DVD-rv21 player. Now my player just wont play the copied dvd’s… it tries to read and just stops. On a couple of them, there is a message that says the wrong DVD disks are being used. Can anyone shed some light on this? Original disks are fine. I have cleaned the DVD lens with a comercial lens cleaner.
These disks play fine on my laptop, and on other dvd players.
Thanks
lynn

The Panasonic may be one of those players that prefers -R disks. Did you set booktype on those +R’s as you burned them? That would make them appear to be dvd-rom to the player, like a commercially made disk.

What burner did you use to make the copies? We may be able to point out a program that can booktype for you, if you weren’t doing it before.

What speed did you burn at?

What is the media rated speed?

What brand of Media and what is the MID of that media?.

Use Nero CD-DVD Speed to check

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

:cool::cool:

A double poster :rolleyes:

Other one closed now. Please report using ‘Report Bad Post’ button (red and white triangular sign under the OP’s name)

[QUOTE=Kerry56;1917662]The Panasonic may be one of those players that prefers -R disks. Did you set booktype on those +R’s as you burned them? That would make them appear to be dvd-rom to the player, like a commercially made disk.

What burner did you use to make the copies? We may be able to point out a program that can booktype for you, if you weren’t doing it before.[/QUOTE]

I apologize for the double post on this question, it was not deliberate.

Thanks for your response. I used NTI CD Maker to burn, and my DVD drive is a Matchita. I do not know what “booktype” is, and could not follow the link that was in your message. Can this be set in NTI CD and DVD Maker?
The thing that surprises me is that these disks played fine originally at least once. Then they suddenly wouldn’t work in the dvd player (Panasonic). I purchased a “cheap” Electrohome DVD player yesterday, and they all work fine in that player.
Regarding the -R and +R, I am confused on this… what is the difference? The most recent disks I purchased is +R, but I have used all of them…

DVD media originally came in - and + versions. They are different but work the same. Some players will not play both. Bitsetting is a trick to set + media as ROM which fools the player into playing. It can only be set through the burner and not all burners will do this. Panasonics are one of the players that originally had a problem with + media so it would look as though this is the case for yours. Given the cheap price of media these days, you should just stick to -.

Booktyping and bitsetting refer to the same process by the way, so don’t let us confuse you too much. The forum makes links out of those words, so I didn’t intentionally send you to a blind link.

I don’t know a great deal about Matshita drives, other than they are not well regarded around here and the notebook varieties are particularly troublesome. Bitsetting with it could prove to be a unsolvable quest. As chas0039 said, your best bet would probably be to use -R disks with this burner.

please read this thread

[QUOTE=buckaroo34me;1910142]Using latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Using -R DVDs. The players are between 2 and 4 years old. One of the players is a [B]Panasonic DVD-RV26[/B] and the suggested sites show that it works with both DVD +/-. Still will not play.

buckaroo34me[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=buckaroo34me;1918669]No big. I did some research on my own and spent some money trying various media brands. Turns out that my DVD player seems to be the happiest with [B]Verbatim and Sony DVD+R[/B]. I figured it was something simple since the sites everyone provided showed that the player was on the list showing that it works. Thnx to everyone for the help.

Cheers[/QUOTE]