Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EZ48VEB - colour disappeared

vbimport

I woke up this morning, switched on my DVD recorder and I got a black and white picture when yesterday all was colour. It does not matter whether I play a colour DVD, video or use the internal tuner, all I get is black and white. I don’t think it is the Panasonic TX-L32X10BA TV I use as its own tuner is working fine, in colour.

I have scoured the recorder manual to no avail. Was there a software update whilst I slept? I have only had the recorder since December 14th but it has been working fine until today. I would be grateful for any advice.

Check your cables and make sure it hasn’t gotten confused and is outputting some TV standard your area doesn’t use just in case.
When my Svideo cable went bad it would only get the mono signal, no color, also I’m in NTSC land and when I tried a format that wasn’t for my TV standard similar things would happen.

Thanks for your help. I have just discovered that I had inadvertantly selected svideo instead of rgb on my TV. I have a lot to learn!

Well it sounds like your in Europe somewhere from the spelling and options for your TV so that’s why I said what I did and it sounds like maybe it helped you figure out what was out of wack.
We don’t have SCART here and we use HDMI, Svideo, component out, and others so it can be easy to select a mode or cable that doesn’t work as well, anyways glad you figured it out.