Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX75EB Chapter maintenence

vbimport

HI

I need some help.

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX75EB.

I have a programme on the HDD in which I have set chapters. I can go to each of these in turn when watching on the HDD.

When i burn this to DVD , it ignores the chapters , and replaces the chapters I set up completely.

How can I get it to record to DVD and keep the chapters i’ve set up , so that these are reflected in the recorded DVD?

I haven’t been able to find how to do this , and hope you can help.

What would be the point of establishing chapters , if these are then ignored when it comes to copying to DVD?

Best Wishes

Colin

I believe customized chapters are kept only when you use high-speed burning, a feature that must be turned on in the setup menu.

If you choose SP, LP, FR, etc, the machine overrides your chapter selections and goes with the preset ones (~ every 5 minutes).

It’s a flaw in the design that I’ve never understood.

Yes , you’re right. For some reason with the Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX75EB , it wipes out all the chapters you put in , and inserts it’s own when you want to make a DVD!

The only way you can keep your chapters is if you copy in High-speed mode , but only then if your original recording to the HD was made in High Speed format too.

This is a serious flaw , and demonstrates poor planning. It’s also incredibly frustrating to spend hours setting up your chapters , only for the maching to completely ignore them , and over-write with it’s own. There’s no way out of it…

Also , it only allows one programme per DVD in HS mode. So if you want to put more than one programme on a DVD in SP, LP, FR modes then you can. In HS mode , you can’t!

:doh:

“Also , it only allows one programme per DVD in HS mode. So if you want to put more than one programme on a DVD in SP, LP, FR modes then you can. In HS mode , you can’t!”

This is very strange, maybe it’s this way for your model. For the EH50s and EH75VS, you can definitely high speed multiple programs and customized chapters are maintained. The only constraint is you must be within the 4409 MB limit for 4.7GB disc (~ 2 hours, 10 minutes of programming originally recorded at SP quality). You can actually fit more programs if you use high-speed burn.

The drawback for using high-speed is that you lose the original aspect ratio if the program was originally recorded in widescreen. To keep it widescreen, you must burn at real time by selecting SP, LP, etc. If you choose H-S, it’s much faster but the program is re-encoded (right term?) back to full screen.

But I’m still using a full screen TV, so it doesn’t matter to me.