Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-E65 help needed!

I have a Panasonic DMR E65 which can’t seem to tune to BBC1. I only have terrestrial channels. I can’t record BBC1 and need to put aerial into back of TV everytime I want to watch BBC1 clearly. All the other channels can be watched and recorded while the aerial is plugged into DVD recorder.It’s a real pain as I can’t watch BBC1 while recording programmes on other channels. Any advice appreciated. I’m a bit of a novice. :doh:

I’ve just joined and can’t find out how to start a new question so I’ll try this way. I have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EH65. I deleted a program from the archive (accessed via the Direct Navigator key) which I didn’t want to lose. Is there any way to recover that program? Thanks

Their is no way I’ve heard of to get back your deleted program. In fact with DVDRs if you’re DVDR dies but your HDD is still OK it’s all but impossible to find a PC program to read your titles. The way DVDRs record to the HDD is kind of proprietary and not a PC standard.
I think one guy on AVS used some type of hex reader program but it was very involved and his titles weren’t deleted, he just wanted to read them on his PC because his unit died.
I’m sure the guys on “CSI” could figure a way, but I’ve never heard of it:(

If you have a SD Digital Camcorder with AV line and or firewire connections it is possible to play the HDD recorded video into the camcorder and select “pass thru” (AV to DV) to a firewire equipped capture card in the computer, a suitable NLE editing software program (there are many including Microsoft’s basic supplied with its OS) and dragging the resulting AVI file/s onto the NLE timeline for Export to a DVD for burning with Nero etc. its maybe a bit long procedure but can rescue your valuable DVR HDD video.