Panasonic DVD DMR ES15 WILL NOT READ DISC

vbimport

hi everyone
i’m not sure if this is the right place to post my question, as i have been reading the forums trying to find the right place.

my panasonic dvd recorder dmr-es-15 will not read disc. i had it for some years. However, i never really got to use it because after finalizing the disc, they wouldn’t playback. I decided it was too much frustration and put it away. Now it will not read any disc…store bought, dvd /cd cleaner, or copies of dvd. My question is, is there any simple solution to fix this problem, or should i trash it? I paid almost $300 for this unit in 2006, and panasonic wants to charge half that much to repair the problem. I’m no newbie to software/hardware.
hoping someone can help me solve my problem:(

Have you seen what CD formats that DVD accepts?

[QUOTE=hefrontaidan;2689754]Have you seen what CD formats that DVD accepts?[/QUOTE]
thanks for the reply hefrontaidan
This is a dvd recorder. So are you asking what format the dvd is in? What exactly am i looking for? and How do i find it?

I can’t be 100% certain but it sounds like the laser has failed which means you either need to replace the laser assembly or the drive.

Unfortunately this isn’t one of the devices that can take a standard PC drive so you’re probably stuck with taking it in for repair.

Given the age of this machine you’d probably be best putting the repair money towards a new machine or even a hard disk recorder which will have far greater functionality and you’ll probably find it infinitely more convenient.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2689998]I can’t be 100% certain but it sounds like the laser has failed which means you either need to replace the laser assembly or the drive.

Unfortunately this isn’t one of the devices that can take a standard PC drive so you’re probably stuck with taking it in for repair.

Given the age of this machine you’d probably be best putting the repair money towards a new machine or even a hard disk recorder which will have far greater functionality and you’ll probably find it infinitely more convenient.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
thank you so much. i was afraid that would be the end results. Well at least I can trash it now and accept the lost.

[QUOTE=jazzediva;2690003]thank you so much. i was afraid that would be the end results. Well at least I can trash it now and accept the lost.[/QUOTE]

My pleasure.

Oh and welcome to the forums BTW. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]