Panasonic [DMR500H] Not Dubbing to DVD-R

vbimport

hI
I have got a [Panasonic DMR 500H] I can record from a tv to the Navaigator thumbnail without any problem,But I can,t do a Dubbing to a DVD-R Disc, from a thumbnail Title,After I place a DVD-R Disc into the unit a Blue Mgs appears telling me the Disc Iam using is a Non-Recordable Disc+To use a Recordable Disc,I have tried diffrent Makes of DVD-R Discs,I have cleaned the lens using a cleaning disc+Knocked it off from the mains,I have tried everything in the trouble-shooter,It doesn,t even begin to Dubb,It just eject the disc out,When the error mgs comes on,Is it knackered? you are my last call, ATB
Many Thanks
Ceri

Use reliable DVD-R or DVD-RAM media!

Refer to the manual of your dewvice.

Specs are here: http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Video/DVD-Recorders-Players/DVD-Recorders/Technical-Specification/model.DMR-E500HS.T#ts

[QUOTE=welshman100;2568403]hI
I have got a [Panasonic DMR 500H] I can record from a tv to the Navaigator thumbnail without any problem,But I can,t do a Dubbing to a DVD-R Disc, from a thumbnail Title,After I place a DVD-R Disc into the unit a Blue Mgs appears telling me the Disc Iam using is a Non-Recordable Disc+To use a Recordable Disc,I have tried diffrent Makes of DVD-R Discs,I have cleaned the lens using a cleaning disc+Knocked it off from the mains,I have tried everything in the trouble-shooter,It doesn,t even begin to Dubb,It just eject the disc out,When the error mgs comes on,Is it knackered? you are my last call, ATB
Many Thanks
Ceri[/QUOTE]

Clean the DVD Drive rubber hub atop the spindle. (Lens cleaning discs do not clean the rubber hub.)

If the DVD Drive in your DMR-500H is inside a surrounding structure use one of the two external cleaning methods, i.e., “[B]CLEANING THE LENS AND RUBBER HUB/SPINDLE AREA WITHOUT OPENING THE CASE AND REMOVING THE DVD DRIVE LID” [/B]found in this post:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14479898#post14479898