Panasonic DMR-EZ48VK DVD Recorder

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR-EZ48VKDVD Recoder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Can this Panasonic, DMR-EZ48VK DOV Recorder, allow me to tape one channel, while watching another? I have a new digital Sony TV and am hooked up to an “air” anntenna…NO CABLE.

Please tell me what I need.

Thanks!!!

Art:cool:

Yes using a splitter and switch using your TV remote.

CCRomeo,

THANKS!! Let me get this straight… My air antenna into the IN fitting (single attachment) of splitter. A connector line to the Sony TV to one of two OUT fittings and a connector line to the Panasonic Recorder on the other OUT fitting. Is this correct??

I actually have a 3/1 fitting on this TV, with the 3rd OUT fitting used for connecting another Digital TV, located in another room.

SEE BELOW SONY DIGITAL TV.

AIR ANTENNA-------SPLITTER{ PANASONIC DVD RECORDER.

ANTENNA TO ANOTHER DIGITAL TV IN
                                            ANOTHER ROOM.

I use this set-up, because I have only one wall outlet to my AIR antenna. Both sets work great, but before I open the Panasonic DVD recorder, I want to make sure that this unit can recorder one channel, while watching another. When I called Panasonic, I got a “techie” on line, (Sounded like the call ewent to India" and was told that this unit CANNOT record on a different channel, but the BEST BUY salesperson said it CAN>