Panasonic DMR-ES30V

vbimport

Hi, i have a Panasonic DMR-ES30V dvd recorder and player and when i record vhs-to-dvd i can only watch the dvd on the panasonic and i cannot watch it on any other dvd player as i have tried it on all 3 dvd players in my home. I have also tried playing it in my PC but it says the CD is blank so i cannot copy it or watch it. What can I do???

what type of DVD are you using DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD RAM? What brand, and which ones have you tried? Did you finalize?

I am using DVD-R DVDs and the brand name is Datawrite. These are the only DVD’s i have used and once i have finished recording on the DVD it says “please wait while the disc finalizes” and then it goes from 0% to 100%. I can play it on the same DVD player but not on my computer.

I would not trust Datawrite DVDs; try some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden even Sony.

Alright will do, Thanks a lot

When you have finished recording the screen will ask you to wait while the data is [I]written[/I] to disc and the screen will also show the percentage that has been [I]written[/I] to the disc.

That is not finalization. In the DMR-ES30V you must go to the Functions, Disc Management, and then Finalize the disc before it may be played in other DVD players. There will be a graphic representation (a bar moving from left to right) of the finalization progress but there will be no percentages reported.