Panasonic DMR ES20S password problems?

vbimport

:sad: Hello All, First Post I am having problem with my panasonic dvd recorder, Came home to watch a show I recorded and it did not record I have had this thing for almost one year. Well the time was wrong had not changed the time so I fixed the time in auto the time was working, Next I went to play a DVD movie i rented and it said disc err So I went to the menu and the region and code lock came up and it said zero and it wanted me to enter my password word well I never entered a password and do not have one So it will not play any dvd dics at all also it lock out All my menu options to change anything on the dvd recorder, The thing has been working fine up to this point, I done the factory reset unpluged it all this stuff. So is there A factory password I can enter to unlock the player so I can play different dics. It still recorders but it only works with the dvd ram dics.

thanks

I did the firmware update it did not help. Message comes up change rating level, But it wants a password I do not have one or have put one in before. Is there away around this?

While the disc tray is open, press and hold [* REC] and [>/x1.3] on the main unit at the same time for 5 or more seconds.

Thanks, I call panasonic today they told me the same thing. Is there a place on this site that tells all the different codes to fix things on the dvd recorder like this and more?

Cyclone16

[QUOTE=LaserBurn;1724501]While the disc tray is open, press and hold [* REC] and [>/x1.3] on the main unit at the same time for 5 or more seconds.[/QUOTE]

:bow:

I have had this problem for to long. This cleared it up. Prior to this, I could only watch DVD’s that I had not finalized.