Panasonic DMR- ES10 DVD Recorder

vbimport

Unit turns on goes thru the self check then display shows R8:00.
Unit was unplugged over nite, insert new disc.no change.
The only control is on/off open/close
Appreciate any help.
Thank you,
Bob

Welcome to the forum Bob :slight_smile:

You might get more help in the “Streaming Media Players and Standalone Players/Recorders” forum, moving you over there.

[QUOTE=cubguy;2559178]Unit turns on goes thru the self check then display shows R8:00.
Unit was unplugged over nite, insert new disc.no change.
The only control is on/off open/close
Appreciate any help.
Thank you,
Bob[/QUOTE]

Your DMR-ES10 is of 2005 vintage. It can record to DVD-R or DVD-RAM discs. Don’t attempt to record to “+” discs as they are not supported by this model (see pages 4 and 5 in the Operating Instructions).

Let me guess. The disc you inserted is blank. In the SETUP menu you have the EP (recording mode) set for 8 hours instead of 6 hours. You have the recorder set to the EP recording mode.

The R8:00 indicates that there is 8 hours remaining recording time on the disc.

If you set the recording mode to SP you will see R2:00 and if you set the recording mode to LP you will see R4:00, etc., (see page 15 in the Operating Instructions).

I agree with above, but if you’ve actually got a problem you could try resetting your unit.
To reset, with the unit powered ON, push and hold both the CH UP and CH DOWN buttons (on the unit) for at least 5 seconds. The unit will return to flashing 12:00 and many of your preferences will be set back to default.

Thanks for the replys. The unit is set for the EP and the disc was empty. Pushed the chan up and down unit went to auto set and stayed there. and sounds like it is running. I know what I’m telling you is not much. Unit worked fine untill setting up a new TV. Could not get rid of the R8:00 to reset the clock.
Thanks again
Bob