Panasonic DMR-EH75V

vbimport

Hello,
In advance, thank you for any help! I was burning a DVD from my hard drive on this system in high speed, made it to 99% complete and crashed. The DVD recorder / player will not recognize a store bought movie, -r, -rw, etc… I tried the system reset several times & even tried to load a firmware update from Panasonic, but can’t load the media due to drive problem. No matter what, I receive the U 61 error code. This system is just a year old; I returned it to Panasonic under warranty through Best Buy. They returned it promptly stating unit is defective & can’t be fixed. I can’t find this system anywhere out there to possibly find a replacement drive. Please if you have any ideas or cures please let me know at your convenience. Thank you so much.
Sincerely,<O:p></O:p>
Jrsj<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

The corporate Panasonic Service Center in Elk Grove Village IL handles warranty and out of warranty repairs in a prompt and efficient manner.

For Panasonic warranty service, call 1-800-211-7262 to obtain a RMA.

Panasonic also offers out of warranty flat-rate repairs for $130.00, including shipping. Call 1-888-439-2676 for the flat-rate out of warranty service at the corporate Panasonic Service Center:

Panasonic Service Center
1590 Touhly Ave
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

1-888-439-2676

Local “Panasonic Authorized Service” locations service many brands, specializing in none. They many not have a service manual or parts for your product. They may charge whatever they please to service or repair out of warranty products. If parts are needed prepare to wait for an extended period.

Other posters have reported that local “Panasonic Authorized Service” locations have been unable to effect repairs. I have not read similar complaints concerning the corporate Panasonic Service Center in Illinois.

[QUOTE=DigaDo;2041020]The corporate Panasonic Service Center in Elk Grove Village IL handles warranty and out of warranty repairs in a prompt and efficient manner.

For Panasonic warranty service, call 1-800-211-7262 to obtain a RMA.

Panasonic also offers out of warranty flat-rate repairs for $130.00, including shipping. Call 1-888-439-2676 for the flat-rate out of warranty service at the corporate Panasonic Service Center:

Panasonic Service Center
1590 Touhly Ave
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

1-888-439-2676

Local “Panasonic Authorized Service” locations service many brands, specializing in none. They many not have a service manual or parts for your product. They may charge whatever they please to service or repair out of warranty products. If parts are needed prepare to wait for an extended period.

Other posters have reported that local “Panasonic Authorized Service” locations have been unable to effect repairs. I have not read similar complaints concerning the corporate Panasonic Service Center in Illinois.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this information. I called the 1-800-211-7262, but the tech support doesn’t seem to know much at all. All they would do is offer to send a firmware upgrade disc, which apparently should make things right (yes I’m a cynic).

Has anybody else’s problems (any Panny DVD model) been solved with these new firmware discs, or did things actually get worse instead?

Service Center says the street name is “TOUHY” no “L” in it.
I am sending in my dead DMR85H based on those opinions shared here. Thanks!

[QUOTE=mount142;2258616]Service Center says the street name is “TOUHY” no “L” in it.
I am sending in my dead DMR85H based on those opinions shared here. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Several of my later posts have the correct spelling of the street name.

My later posts draw attention to the procedural problems that Panasonic’s New Jersey based Customer Service (1-800-211-7262) has in initiating an out-of-warranty product return for the $130 flat-rate repair at the Panasonic Digital Service Center in Elk Grove Village Illinois. The Service Center may be contacted by calling 1-888-439-2676.

Unfortunately CD Freaks limits the editing of posts to the thirty minute period immediately after a post is first submitted. For that reason there are bound to be many uncorrected errors found in these pages, e.g., it’s too late for you to insert the “E” in your model’s name.

The Panasonic experts at Touhy Avenue should promptly and efficiently return your DMR-E85H to new functional condition.

I had a similar problem, and called Panasonic to get a price on the DVD drive/module, and it was $346.33 W/ core sent back. I found this post-Thank God, and called the 800 number to be given another place and phone number for the flat rate of $130.00. The new number is 847 468-5543 in Elgin IL.

[QUOTE=jkabbe;2440364]I had a similar problem, and called Panasonic to get a price on the DVD drive/module, and it was $346.33 W/ core sent back. I found this post-Thank God, and called the 800 number to be given another place and phone number for the flat rate of $130.00. The new number is 847 468-5543 in Elgin IL.[/QUOTE]

Since earlier CD Freaks posts can not be edited to provide updated/corrected information, see this AVS post that provides current information:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14451738#post14451738

Many times read, write and finalizing problems with the DVD Drive may be corrected by cleaning the DVD Drive laser lens and rubber hub and spindle. See this thread for more information:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f106/fixing-your-panny-when-theres-fault-lens-cleaning-doesnt-help-210507/

See the first photo in this post for an interior view of a 2006 model year DVD Drive. Notice especially the correct far left positioning of the roller/slider at the rear of the disc tray:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f106/dmr-es-v46-cannot-read-after-u88-275917/#post2285897