Panasonic DMR-EH75V

vbimport

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>
In advance, thank you for any help! I was burning a DVD from my hard drive on this system in high speed, made it to 99% complete and crashed. The DVD recorder / player will not recognize a store bought movie, -r, -rw, etc… I tried the system reset several times & even tried to load a firmware update from Panasonic, but can’t load the media due to drive problem. No matter what, I receive the U 61 error code. This system is just a year old; I returned it to Panasonic under warranty through Best Buy. They returned it promptly stating unit is defective & can’t be fixed. I can’t find this system anywhere out there to possibly find a replacement drive. Please if you have any ideas or cures please let me know at your convenience. Thank you so much.<o:p></o:p>
Sincerely,<o:p></o:p>
Jrsj<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

I gave advice concerning the Panasonic Service Center in Illinois in my response to your other thread.

Have you cleaned the hub/spindle area of your DVD drive? That information is found in this thread:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f106/fixing-your-panny-when-theres-fault-lens-cleaning-doesnt-help-210507/

Good Evening, Sir!
I have read many, many of your posts on the Panny EH75V… and so many others that you so graciously have posted over the years. Thank You! for your “service” to our country!

I have the beautiful 2006 EH75V… with all the usual issues regarding the DVD burner. It does the usual noises that suggest laser failure. I cleaned the spindle quite thoroughly… and the lens… but to no avail.

It seems to me that the Panasonic $130 repair deal is long gone… so do you possibly have another suggestion? Has anyone found a replacement drive and PCB for this unit?

Your help is sorely needed… and greatly appreciated!

VoiceMan615

[QUOTE=VoiceMan615;2676564]Good Evening, Sir!
I have read many, many of your posts on the Panny EH75V… and so many others that you so graciously have posted over the years. Thank You! for your “service” to our country!

I have the beautiful 2006 EH75V… with all the usual issues regarding the DVD burner. It does the usual noises that suggest laser failure. I cleaned the spindle quite thoroughly… and the lens… but to no avail.

It seems to me that the Panasonic $130 repair deal is long gone… so do you possibly have another suggestion? Has anyone found a replacement drive and PCB for this unit?

Your help is sorely needed… and greatly appreciated!

VoiceMan615[/QUOTE]

Due to a password difficulty with my DigaDo identity I’m once again using the VoxHumana identity.

Yes, the Panasonic flat-rate repair is long gone (since late 2009).

Your DMR-EH75 probably needs a new laser assembly (an “optical pick-up” in Panasonic terminology).

I refer you to the AVS Forum (where I’m still known as DigaDo). At that forum there is a fellow, mickinct, that does such repairs. Mike is located in Connecticut, hence the “mickinct” identity.

Once you’ve registered at the AVS Forum send mickinct a Private Message. See this thread for more information:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1400807/part-2-having-issues-with-your-panasonic-dvd-recorder-read/0_60

Thanks for keeping up with this. The Panny has a lot of fans.