Panasonic DMR-EH57

vbimport

Hi,

I have a Panasonic HDD recorder that’s always been working fine, recording stuff and playing dvd’s. Since last week the machine rejects to play a dvd. When I load the dvd it says ‘read’ while making some odd sounds, and then it says ‘No read’. This happens with a clean, unscratched legitimate DVD, so I wonder if it’s something to do with aninternal defect (?).

Appreciate any input.

Yeah, proper cleaning could help tih this issue.

You would have to take the device apart, to open up the optical drive and use a q-tip and some Isopropanol on the laser lenses inside.

[QUOTE=chef;2659195]Yeah, proper cleaning could help tih this issue.

You would have to take the device apart, to open up the optical drive and use a q-tip and some Isopropanol on the laser lenses inside.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.

Isopropanol > will pharmateutic alcohol be alright?

Nash

That should be okay.

Good Luck!

I believe Pharmapeutic alcohol is Isopropyl alcohol or isopropynol

Exactly.

Be sure to clean the DVD Drive’s rubber hub (turntable). A dirty rubber hub allows the disc to slip, the most common reason for “no read” problems.

See this AVS Forum post of mine for more lens and hub/spindle cleaning advice; including a diagnosis of the various sounds made by the DVD Drive:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1055071/panasonic-2006-and-newer-dvd-drive-hub-spindle-cleaning-and-reassembly-complications/0_60#post_14479898