Panasonic DMR-EH55 recording problem

vbimport

Help!!
Often a program that I have scheduled to record on my DMR-EH55 does not fully record. It will record 10 to 15 seconds of the program then stop. This occurs both when I select the program from the TVGOS guide, or when I manually enter the info (ie start time, end time, channel). This has happened on differrent shows on different channels and different time slots. Anyone know why???

What is your program source? OTA, Cable, Dish? and are you recording to HDD or directly to DVD?
Lastly do you get any little icons in the thumbnail of direct navigator? If you get two overlapping squares that indicates a copy protection signal.

Thanks for getting back to me jjeff…The input to my DVR is CABLE without a box… I am recording directly to HDD…I never noticed any icons in direct navigator. These programs that I am recording are weekly programs. Some times they record, other times they don’t.

From your description I don’t think Copy Protection is causing your problem and since you’re recording directly to HDD it eliminates most problems with the DVD drive.
It’s got me stumped unless you’re having some type of power or power supply problem. By power I mean from your power company, low or dropping power levels, overloaded circuit in your house, etc. By power supply I mean the EH-55’s internal power supply/capacitors etc. which can cause problems but I don’t think exactly like yours.
If it were me I’d try experimenting with recording directly to DVD instead of the HDD(maybe you’re HDD is fragmented?) or trying to figure what else is on the same circuit(circuit breaker/fuse) as your EH. You don’t want anything like a larger heater or something with a compressor or motor which could possibly cause a power drop resulting in odd happenings.
Just stabbing in the dark but it’s what I’d try first, Good luck.

jjeff…thanks for your input… There is nothing that can cause power problems near the DVR. As far as the HDD is concerned, I do have a lot of things already recorded but I still have room for another 4o hours of reccording time. I think I’ll call the Panasonic tech people in Elk Grove Village IL. Maybe they have seen this problem before. Maybe the '$130 Flat Rate Repair will get rid of this problem for me…[B]Thanks again[/B].

[QUOTE=BobBuko;2456917]jjeff…thanks for your input… There is nothing that can cause power problems near the DVR. As far as the HDD is concerned, I do have a lot of things already recorded but I still have room for another 4o hours of reccording time. I think I’ll call the Panasonic tech people in Elk Grove Village IL. Maybe they have seen this problem before. Maybe the '$130 Flat Rate Repair will get rid of this problem for me…[B]Thanks again[/B].[/QUOTE]

The Panasonic Service Center in Elgin Illinois is the one that repairs the hard drive models. The techs at the Elgin and Elk Grove Village repair centers seldom speak directly to the public. Current repair information is found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1056657

Panasonic Technical Assistance is reached through the Customer Service number, also found in that post.