Panasonic DMR-E85H DHH problem

vbimport

I have this Recorder and DVD player. Is posible disconect HDD and use only DVD player? I tray disconect HDD but self test turn off the unit. Someone know a firmware soft or update for disconect HDD or bypass self test?

[QUOTE=Mychael;2536501]I have this Recorder and DVD player. Is posible disconect HDD and use only DVD player? I tray disconect HDD but self test turn off the unit. Someone know a firmware soft or update for disconect HDD or bypass self test?[/QUOTE]

Often folks deem that the hard drive is problematic when the fault is that capacitors in the recorder’s power supply are failing or have failed preventing the hard drive from spinning up. This is addressed here:

The linked post suggests sending a DMR-E85H to the Panasonic Service Center in Elk Grove Village Illinois. That Service Center no longer services older Panasonics. The Panasonic Service Center in Elgin Illinois currently services older models and hard drive equipped models. Current information is found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14451738#post14451738

If your hard drive has actually become problematic I would suggest reformatting or replacement in order to restore full functionality to your DMR-E85H.

The Digital PCB is the “brain” that oversees every aspect of a Panasonic’s operation. When the Digital PCB senses problems with specific component(s) or part(s) there is a disturbance to the general and specific functionality of the Panasonic. Sometimes the Digital PCB itself becomes problematic. Most often, these problems prevent using the recorder and its various features until there has been a repair/replacement of the problematic component(s) or part(s).

There are a few exceptions. In late June I purchased a used DMR-EZ47 VHS/DVD combo recorder that was advertised as having a non-functional VHS mechanism but with a fully-funcional DVD Drive. In that case the problem with the VHS mechanism did not prevent use of the DVD Drive. But what if I had removed the VHS mechanism? The Digital PCB would have found that the overall functional integrity had been compromised so that this Panasonic could no longer function as a DVD recorder.

I could have used this EZ47 as a DVD recorder the way it was. Since I have a DMR-ES35 “parts machine” on hand (where the VHS mechanisms are identical), I set out to repair or replace the problematic VHS mechanism. I found two problems with the VHS mechanism. First, there was a problem with the alignment of the VHS cradle assembly’s videotape visor release finger that prevented the videotape cassette visor from opening to allow threading the videotape along the tape path and across the rotating head drum. This caused the VHS mechanism to jamb at the point of the casette’s forward travel just before it is lowered onto the drive and take-up spindles. This jamb resulted in a forced eject. The second problem came from some misalignment of cradle parts resulting in a secondary jamb during the eject process. I removed and replaced two cradle parts/assemblies, the most likely cause of these problems. Those were the upper cross-over brace and the lower cradle assembly. The repair procedure is reported and illustrated at the AVS Forum in three posts, beginning here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18836371#post18836371

[QUOTE=Mychael;2536501]I have this Recorder and DVD player. Is posible disconect HDD and use only DVD player? I tray disconect HDD but self test turn off the unit. Someone know a firmware soft or update for disconect HDD or bypass self test?[/QUOTE]

I believe that DMR-E85H recorders require a replacement hard drive of the same specification as the original hard drive, not a 20GB hard drive.

The best advice, do not use Panasonic recorders to play DVDs. Play DVDs with DVD players, not DVD recorders. Using a DVD recorder to play DVDs wears out the laser assembly too soon. Most low priced DVD players have better DVD playback features.

Creo que DMR-E85H grabadoras requiere un reemplazo de disco duro de la misma especificación que el disco duro original, no un disco duro de 20GB.

El mejor consejo, no use grabadoras de Panasonic para reproducir DVDs. Reproduzca discos DVD con reproductores de DVD, grabadores de DVD no. Usando una grabadora de DVD para reproducir DVD lleva a cabo el montaje del láser antes de tiempo. La mayoría de los reproductores de DVD de bajo precio tienen mejores funciones de reproducción de DVD.

Je crois que les enregistreurs DMR-E85H besoin d’un disque dur de remplacement ayant les mêmes caractéristiques que le disque dur d’origine, pas un disque dur de 20GB.

Le meilleur conseil, ne pas utiliser les enregistreurs Panasonic de lire des DVD. DVD Jouez avec les lecteurs de DVD, enregistreurs DVD pas. Utilisation d’un enregistreur DVD de lire des DVD s’use l’Assemblée laser trop tôt. La plupart des lecteurs de DVD à prix bas ont un meilleur DVD en lecture.

Thanq you all !!!