Panasonic DMR E55 - copy from DVD RAM to PC

Hi I have recorded various news articles on to a DVD RAM and am now wanting to transfer them to PC. I have tried just putting the disk in the DVD drive but it will not play, nor will any files open. Can anyone help me work out how to transfer this data. Thanks

you need a program called “powerdirector 4” it will read the ram disc and you can edit and rewrite it as avi,mpeg,vcd, or dvd
its a great program if a little slow!!!
thanks

Can anyone help; please? I have recorded a TV programme on a Panasonic DVD RAM disc, and wish to play this on my computer, which runs Windows XP Home Edition. Unfortunately, this RAM disc does not work, whilst it works perfectly on the Panasonic DVD recorder/player. Also commercial DVD’s work perfectly on my computer, so the DVD drive on the computer is fine. Someone suggested to use a prgramme called “Powerdirector 4”, but where does one get this programme, and is it Freeware? Any replies would be very much appreciated! Thank you for reading this.

[QUOTE=ABLEBROWN;2063906]Can anyone help; please? I have recorded a TV programme on a Panasonic DVD RAM disc, and wish to play this on my computer, which runs Windows XP Home Edition. Unfortunately, this RAM disc does not work, whilst it works perfectly on the Panasonic DVD recorder/player. Also commercial DVD’s work perfectly on my computer, so the DVD drive on the computer is fine. Someone suggested to use a prgramme called “Powerdirector 4”, but where does one get this programme, and is it Freeware? Any replies would be very much appreciated! Thank you for reading this.[/QUOTE]

You must have a PC drive that supports reading RAM. Many do not, though most recent burners do.