Palm Pre continues cat and mouse game with iTunes

I just posted the article Palm Pre continues cat and mouse game with iTunes.

Only a week after Apple blocked Palm’s flagship smartphone from syncing with iTunes, Palm fights back.

Read the full article here: [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/17225-palm-pre-continues-cat-and-mouse-game-with-itunes/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/17225-palm-pre-continues-cat-and-mouse-game-with-itunes/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Kinda like the IM client wars of the 90’s…

Lol.

I always hear of Microsoft having a monopoly, and getting sued because something does not work with their software. But yet Apple keeps blocking service providers from using their iphone, apple blocks devices from using itunes, and you have to pay royalties to develop for the apple, but apple makes the finial decision if it gets approved. I would like to see Internet explorer work on the leopard operating system. What do you mean apple won’t allow it?

I think someone should sue the crap out of apple for unfair business practices.

So why even use iTunes? I would never buy an iPod just for that reason. Because I do not want to be forced to use that software. My mp3 player allows direct drag and drop without using any software. So I would imagine this phone should be capable of the same.

Maybe this “war” between Apple andPalm will end up being like the “war” between SlySoft and the MPAA.

"I would like to see Internet explorer work on the leopard operating system. What do you mean apple won’t allow it? "

Who says Apple won’t allow it? There are plenty of non-Apple browsers that run on OS X (Firefox, Opera, Camino, soon Chrome). If M$ felt compelled to develop a version of IE that runs on OS X I’m sure they could pull it off. More likely they’ve assessed that the demand for it would be rather low.

What is this “Apple” people speak of? They are so overpriced and run so little they should be called “Lemon”.

Why wouldnt Apple want Palm Pre phones to work with itunes? Wouldn’t Apple make more money like this?

Wouldn’t Apple make more money like this?

Not if you have to buy an iPod too…