PAL xvid playback issues on LVW-1105HC

vbimport

I have some british tv shows on dvd+r, and they are playing back with significant jitteriness. When I play them on my computer the problem is gone, so I figured it wasn’t a problem with the original encode, but rather that this player doesn’t recognize frame rate on mp4 files and just defaults to NTSC 29.97. Anyone else with this problem?

actually, now I’ve tried out some regular ntsc encoded xvids and they are doing the same thing. Damn.

I know the Liteon does not support 2 or more B frames with packed bit streams, it drops the frame and causes regular stutter. It does support 1 B frame with packed bit stream though.

I think you may have to find a program to unpack the bitstream and make a new file, its pritty quick as it does not re-encode the file.

I play alot of DivX files on my 5055GDL+ as I am slowly converting my DVD’s into DivX using 1 B frame encodes.

To check your AVI files, download a program called GSpot from Doom9.org. Make sure you get the beta version as that reports Packed bitstreams, QPAL and GCM.

thank you! I hope you’re right as I bought this device half for the dvd recorder function and half for playing back all my avi’s.

now I just have to figure out what all this stuff G-Spot is reporting to me means

edit:
ok I found this program called Mpeg4Modifier which gives me the following info on one of my avis:
Packed bitstream: Yes
QPel: No
GMC: No
Interlaced: No
Aspect ratio: Square pixels
Quant type: H.263

I-VOPs: 547 (0.72%)
P-VOPs: 26839 (35.50%)
B-VOPs: 48210 (63.77%)
S-VOPs: 0 (0.00%)
N-VOPs: 0 (0.00%)

Max consecutive B-VOPs: 2
1 consec: 15.56%
2 consec: 84.44%

There is the problem, you need to use a program to unpack the bitstream

i used mpeg4modifier, saved the files unpacked (and also fixed the aspect ratio from 1:1 to 4:3) and now the files are playing smoothly on the lite-on. Thank you, posting here was my last ditch action before giving up on watching these files on the 1105.