PAL VOB files to NTSC?

I downloaded a movie (DVD copy) from my friend in Europe and it is in PAL.
I need to convert it to NTSC.

I tried to use DVD Shrink, opened files, did a backup to DVD with region free option but DVD player says something like “This movie can not be played…”

Please help!

You could consider [B]buying [/B]the DVD in the USA, where it will happily play.

Regards

[quote=mnemonik23;1969755]I downloaded a movie (DVD copy) from my friend in Europe and it is in PAL.
I need to convert it to NTSC.

I tried to use DVD Shrink, opened files, did a backup to DVD with region free option but DVD player says something like “This movie can not be played…”

Please help![/quote]
Hi mnemonik23:
Please read our forum rules. Just word your post a little differently, we dont need to know about your friend in Europe, this tells us that you do not own the disc and therefore you cannot legally back it up. You could have easily just said you need to convert a movie from Pal to NTSC. Please read our rules and post accordingly. Just post the problem, its really easy. Thanks for your time. You can find a copy of the rules you accepted to abide byHERE . Have a happy NEW Year and I hope you can find the answer to your problem. Remember google is your friend.:iagree:

Yep, shame about that. Had it been a simple conversion question, I had an answer to help. But doing so with the way the post is worded makes that impossible now. Sorry.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1969969]Hi mnemonik23:
Please read our forum rules. Just word your post a little differently, we dont need to know about your friend in Europe, this tells us that you do not own the disc and therefore you cannot legally back it up. You could have easily just said you need to convert a movie from Pal to NTSC. Please read our rules and post accordingly. Just post the problem, its really easy. Thanks for your time. You can find a copy of the rules you accepted to abide byHERE . Have a happy NEW Year and I hope you can find the answer to your problem. Remember google is your friend.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

It’s a wedding movie! No copyright problems here…

PAL to NTSC requires re-encoding with a new aspect/resolution. Most any editing or authoring tool can do it. I use TMPGEnc-Author or Express.

Check this guide.
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic300144.html
I use steps 3,4 and 5. Works well.