Pal to NTSC?

vbimport

I have some videos in PAL, and would like to play them with a DVD player on my TV set. IS there a way to convert them to the US format?

Yes, this is possible, though it is generally just as easy to buy a cheap dvd player that can handle both PAL and NTSC. You can find which ones support this by looking at the dvd players at www.videohelp.com and click on the PAL/NTSC parameter in their search.

If that is not an option, you can convert PAL to NTSC with a commercial program called ConvertXtoDVD. Another one is Nero Vision, though I have never used it for this.

It is also possible to do this with free tools like FAVC or AVStoDVD though it is not their primary function. Use the HC encoder in these programs.

You can also use IFOEdit to change the IFOs which would need no reencoding of the video at all. Usually works on most players…

[B][U]Tutorial[/U][/B]

Thank you, I will check these out.

I did not receive any mail to let me know of replies to my post.
It seems that one does not automatically subscribe to threads one starts, but one has to change the notification each time separately.

[QUOTE=MBK;2182700]You can also use IFOEdit to change the IFOs which would need no reencoding of the video at all. Usually works on most players…

[B][U]Tutorial[/U][/B][/QUOTE]

This worked terrific - thank you very much! :bow:

I’m glad it was helpful… :slight_smile:

Did I celebrate too soon?
The first movie worked so perfect - but…
My second movie conversion attempt showed weird features:
When I change from PAL to NTSC in the video attributes window and click OK it still shows PAL in the Ifo editor! Going back to check in the video attributes it is still set to NTSC. What gives?

[QUOTE=alsenor;2183272]Did I celebrate too soon?
The first movie worked so perfect - but…
My second movie conversion attempt showed weird features:
When I change from PAL to NTSC in the video attributes window and click OK it still shows PAL in the Ifo editor! Going back to check in the video attributes it is still set to NTSC. What gives?[/QUOTE]

You have to have the IFO that you are changing highlighted in the upper pane…
like where it says C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MBK SYS…\VIDEO_TS.IFO in the pic below…

http://forum.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/showpost.php?p=190635&postcount=6

Aha - makes sense.
Thank you for your THOUROUGHNESS in explaining each step in your graphs!