After a hard days work, thinking I’d come home for a relaxing dinner, play with
the kidlets and Mom, while burning a few backups, I stumbled into this mess…
- currently, the kids, Mom and the dog are kicking, throwing things and pulling on my chair
- my ass is sore from sitting waaaaay too long
- my dinner is still sitting on the counter, untouched…
- just took out the trash, and the family locked me out…
Two 165P6S drives, both with MV7U installed
- each in seperate system
- almost identical, Intel 875P based, one with P4 3.2 Presscot, other with P4 3.0 Northwood
165P6s #1 - Date: Jan 2006; China; SHM-165P6S04C; SN: 333xxxxxx311
- about 2mos old now and performing with excellence!
165P6S #2 - Date: Feb 2006; China; SHM-165P6S04C; SN: 008xxxxxx364
- installed a week ago
I’ve been following the “TEST” firmware thread with interest and decided to give
MV8V a quick test on 165P6S #2 this evening, not expecting it would
take 4hrs and make me nuts.
Noticed CodeKing and a few others, mentioning read issues, so I picked the two
least favorite media types I have, TDK TTH02 -R and IMATION CMCMAG AM3 -R.
The following results are from 165P6S #2:
- burn and quality are within nominal specs
- what the heck is going on with Bench ??
- L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR (031105) ??