Painkiller success stories

vbimport

Looks like Macrovision’s Safedisc is getting too picky in it’s blacklisting (sd 3.20.022) and costing the publisher valuable inital sales => http://dreamcatcherinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16098&perpage=15&pagenumber=6It

Post here for any success stories, particularly non-Plex Premium ones!!

:slight_smile:

I wonder if ubisoft will publish a patch for SC Pandora Tomorrow to remove the emulation blacklisting…

My trusty Aopen CRW 5232 makes very nice backups of Far Cry, Pandora Tomorrow, and I’m sure it would also do Painkiller.

I just use Blindwrite 4.5.7 and the resulting backups work in most drives.

Not bad for a $30 burner

Originally posted by Jackass

Not bad for a $30 burner

Indeed.

My LiteON 52327S burner has made successful copies of Far Cry using Alcohol 120%.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
[B]Indeed.

My LiteON 52327S burner has made successful copies of Far Cry using Alcohol 120%. [/B]

You have a lucky 52327S drive, unfortunately I don’t! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jackass
You have a lucky 52327S drive, unfortunately I don’t! :rolleyes:

Some got it, some don’t. Guess mines got it, huh?:wink:

Aw well, you got a nice AOPEN drive…:bigsmile:

Do you really need to copy at 4x when trying to backup SD3.2x games?

I managed to successfully backup a copy with a 4-10x maxell cdrw as it launches everytime I execute it with my litey 5232k combo. However, I wasted 2x maxell 48x cdrs as it always prompts a “painkiller.exe” err msg when I try to launch it.
:Z

Forgot to add, its the ccd ver of painkiller cd3.

@Jackass,
Well, I went and bought an Aopen CRW5232
Backup works in the burner.
Fails on by dvd drive - Panasonic (Matsushita) SR-8588 :frowning:
I used Alcohol 1.4.8, BW v5.1.1.128 was useless! I didn’t try the “tweaker” I have to admit.

I’ll see if a firmware upgrade makes any difference (currently R1.03) …

I also notice that the AOpen was blindingly fast at reading the SD2 errors using Alcohol (must be the fastest). It’s probably worth keeping just for that!?!

Originally posted by ProfessorX
[B]@Jackass,
Well, I went and bought an Aopen CRW5232
Backup works in the burner.
Fails on by dvd drive - Panasonic (Matsushita) SR-8588 :frowning:
I used Alcohol 1.4.8, BW v5.1.1.128 was useless! I didn’t try the “tweaker” I have to admit.

I’ll see if a firmware upgrade makes any difference (currently R1.03) …

I also notice that the AOpen was blindingly fast at reading the SD2 errors using Alcohol (must be the fastest). It’s probably worth keeping just for that!?! [/B]

I’m glad you had success.
I’m using fw 1.05 now, and that sorts out a few little problems.

For Safedisc 2.9 and onwards, I find I get best results with Blindwrite 4.5.7.9, I’m not a big fan of Blindwrite 5 or even Alcohol.

Make sure you read SD discs at MAX and write at 40-48x

Latest firmware didn’t seem to make any difference.
Same results for cdrw as for cdr by the way.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
[B]Indeed.

My LiteON 52327S burner has made successful copies of Far Cry using Alcohol 120%. [/B]

How did you manage that on a CD-R burner? Far Cry is on DVD, well it is here in the UK, not sure about Oz :slight_smile:

Far Cry does indeed come on either CD or DVD in Australia, but the DVD version is very hard to find.

I guess the dealers here wanted to maximise their sale, nearly every PC has a CD reader, not everyone has a DVD reader.