Packetwriting - the ugly duckling becomes A ccuBurn-r?

vbimport

Maybe this software has gone unnoticed because clever people (even McFaddens great http://www.cdrfaq.org/ [6-3 to 6-5] misses Arrowkeys packetwriting-software) has discarded the idea of tiny datablocks (like a file …) can be written safely as a single event out of perhaps 10.000 of write-events to a CDrom or a DVD±R . ********* I will return to the CDRW/DVDRW-question later .

And no , obviously there will be errors just like when we backup-copy a game , a musicCD or a DVDmovie ! The problem is of course that a single file could contain important information about You , your life , other peoples life , scientific results etc. And that’s exactly where CDfreaks-forum knows Arrowkey from :
CD/DVD-diagnostic among their other emergency-tools !

So one has to make a software that checks the write-events success and if failing rewrites the datablock … and surely one should wait with the mainlibrarytree till the CD/DVD is being closed !

At least this is what some of the principles of Arrowkeys AccuBurn-r describes on their homepage ; I plan to buy it (since it is impossible ANYWHERE on the net to get a “demo” or user-info about this packetsoftware) but I wanted the CLUB.CDFREAKS.EXPERTS in here to give a comment about accuburn-r before that … :cop::cop: :cop:

Please , let all your biased views on packeting flow free !

By the way I read (on a rare german page) that it doesn’t use Mt. Rainer , a news which the older LiteOnmodels-people (I got a MR-ready 40125W) and others will like … if it works , of course !
Though my Premium should be able to rewrite at 32 X I find data-storage more fragile on an eraseable media ; yet I agree with those who use it as a “data-transport” between someone .

AND BY THE WAY I'M A NEWBIE , THIS IS MY FIRST MAGNIFICENT CONTRIBUTION AMONG THE CDFREAKS IT-GIANTS WHOM SINCERELY RESPECT - THOUGH IT MAY LOOK DIFFERENT !

:o :D :cool: :o :D :cool: :o :D :cool: :o :D :cool:

ASUS P4PE BIOS 1005 (1 May 2003) / INTEL Pentium4 2400 MHz 533 FSB (in a box) / SAMSUNG PC2700 1024 MB (2 x 512 MB)

PALIT GeForce4 TI 4200 128 MB (AGP 4x) / CREATIVE SB Live! Platinum / 300 Watt P4 @ Win 98 SE & Win 2000 Pro 3 SP

1 Master : MAXTOR 6Y080P0 ATA100 76GB (8MB)

1 Slave : SEAGATE ST380021A ATA100 74GB (2MB)

2 Master : PLEXTOR DVDR PX-504A V1.01

2 Slave : ASUS DVD-ROM E616 V2.2 ATA100

USB 2.0 : PLEXTOR PREMIUM-U V1.03

PlexTools V 2.05 / Cacheman 5.11 / McAfee VirusScan Professional v6.02.3000 (Def./Eng. : 4.0.4278/4.2.60)

ZoneAlarm Pro 4.0.123.012 / Norton SystemWorks v. 2001.04 build 50 / PartitionMagic v. 8.01 (Build 1274)

If noone will respond to the PacketWriting-challenge (remember You moderators can vote nearly anonymously too) and speak forth their knowledge - or lack of - then I will buy this stuff at 20:00 (Paris-time) , most likely the CD/DVD diagnostic bundle .
It’s appreciable that the people here doesn’t comment on things they feel less than an expert in , BUT sometimes a whole bunch of fragmented knowledge can give us all important clues … so speak up , my burning friends ! :bigsmile:

Current Versions of software from Arrowkey
Below is a list of the current versions of all of our software products.

CD-R Diagnostic - 1.7.2, Build 372, uploaded May 21
CD-R Verifier - 163.204 , uploaded Mar 26
CD-R Inspector - 1.2.4, Build 372, uploaded May 21
CD Structure - 1.0.0, Build 700, uploaded May 30
FileIdentify - 1.1.4 , uploaded Jul 9
AccuBurn-R - 1.1.6, Build 347, uploaded Jul 9
CD Rx Data Retriever - 1.0.1, Build 189, uploaded Jul 9
CD/DVD Inspector - 2.0.2, Build 222, uploaded Jul 9
CD/DVD Diagnostic - 2.0.2, Build 222, uploaded Jul 9

C 1
___C 2
______C U

Premium504A :cool:

I’ve been continually frustrated with the use of CD/RW’s. It’s been soooo long since I’ve really been able to use a cd/rw like a floppy that I’ve given up. With todays cds cost so low it’s just not efficant to invest any time or effort in the use of cd/rw’s EXCEPT I’m just anal enough to want the software to work as advertised. I’m no dummy so rest assured that I have really applied myself to this problem and the only program that I found to really work is the file cd by nti(I think). I will follow this post and enjoy hearing what you and others might have to say…

Never Use it I like my data to be safe!!!:eek: :wink:

… but it seems nobody has any information about AccuBurn-r which they want to share ?
Surely there must be at least one moderator who has some “words of wisdom” (as Dave Letterman puts it about Dr. Phil …) to offer us !

Of course I have read the other threads about packetwriting and I feel the moderators are quite right to warn people , but at the same time they encourage to use twinpeaks besides a BWA-file on a Premium - so who among them has tested this CDfreak-aspect thoroughly ?

I bought one of the very first extern CD-writer from HewlwttPackard (HP 7100 with 0,75 MB Buffer !) and apart from making a hell of a lot of coasters (with ancient Easy CDcreator) I backed up data with DirectCD (ancient too) ; a clumsy packet-SW .
I was lucky to get me a Plextor 820T with WOCD3.6 , but the best part was that I discovered PacketCD and till this day it has been extremely helpfull , though there are “ghost-files” occasionally .

It has bin like a robust van , which drove on the 98SE-roads and now must give up at the gate of highway 2000 Pro !

But I shall test it and in a while (2-3 weeks ?) there will be another thread here on Recording Software Forum and I will now appeal to the moderators to make a new side-forum for PACKETING as I recommend it nomenclatured .

Love U all _:cop::cool:
________ I’ll be back (in T4 ?)
________________________ C1
___________________________ C2
______________________________ CU
_________________________________ Premium504A

Interesting !
Maybe news are coming up … :wink:

Yeah , it’s funny that each time people vote it is not considered as a reply and in this way only the moderators polls stay on top !

…HEY , NOW YOU GAVE THIS STUFF A VOTE

…PLEASE REMEMBER TO LEAVE A LITTLE NOTE

…THESE RULES THE MODERATORS WROTE

…"WHY BEHOLDEST THOU THE MOTE … " ?