Packet writing: Any advice?

I want to use packet writing now on DVD+RW and 411s. Previously it did sound stupid with cd’s because of capacity.

I know some of this progs can screw your burn so, what are your experience ?

I used FileCD before which has the advantage to buen in ISO9660 format and not UDF -> easiliy used from DOS !!
But it is much slower than other tools. So what about B’s clip used in OCFreak review of the 411s, InstantWrite, InCD etc… ?

FileCD is one if not the best packet writing softs around . Ok I may agree that the interface leaves something to be desired but I just don’t understand why you want to use a DVDRW for packet writing since this system is not “reliable” Wouldn’t you be better off with smaller CDRWs?
In one of my systems I got DLA 4.05 just one CDRW is fine for me as a kind of second source and never a backup never consider this option with packet writing software

'cos
1/ I thought DVD+RW had in some way Packet writing integrated in the +RW standard (so more reliable ?)

2/ I DVD has much more space than CDs of course :cool:

Use sonic DLA, included with the drive(on the sonic MyDVD cd)! I’ve found it to be by far the best packet writing program I’ve ever used.

Stay away from roxio Direct CD or ahead InCD - they sucks.

Look at page 2 in my review if you wonder how to use it after installing it :slight_smile:

I don’t recommend using packet writing software at all. I have lost a lot of data on CD-RW’s using packet writing software. :frowning: It is not worth it IMHO.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Use sonic DLA, included with the drive(on the sonic MyDVD cd)! I’ve found it to be by far the best packet writing program I’ve ever used.

Look at page 2 in my review if you wonder how to use it after installing it :slight_smile: [/B]

Thanks , OC !

@OCFREAK

what about B’s clip that you used in the 411s review is it any good?

Yes B’s clip is very good - except it lacks support for many newer drives (slow at updating it to support newer drives).

Almost identical to InCD 3 (which is also pretty good - unlike InCD 4 that sucks).

Is it possible to install Sonic DLA without installing the rest of the software?

Nev

Originally posted by NevOz
[B]Is it possible to install Sonic DLA without installing the rest of the software?

Nev [/B]

Yes I was wondering the same… There doesn’t seem to be any way to, after I did take a look on the folders from the install cd…

OC-Freak

I totally disagree. They don’t suck.

I don’t know how much experience with InCD4/DtCD6 do you have but I can say latest versions work fine. Much better than earlier InCD3 or DCD5. Even I can say – they are rock stable in my opinion. I use it with different Lite-On drives and Plextor PX-1210TA.

All you need is to clean up your system from unwanted 3rd-part drivers. Utilities for such cleaning are provided by Ahead on their website.

On the other hand if you like to mess up with burning software it will be hard to find rock stable packet writing software.
For me Nero5/burnatonce+InCD4 work pretty well. No BSODs, no occasional disappearing of written data (of course if fine disks are used), good compatibility.

thibouille
There doesn’t seem to be any way to, after I did take a look on the folders from the install cd…

I can send you DLA 4.5 if you give your email. But this software isn’t better then InCD4 or DtCD6.
I used DLA for a few days and it totally disappointed me. Its compatibility with disks formatted in other programs is bad. It even doesn’t write on MRW disks formatted by InCD4 f.e.

Sorry my ugly English.

Originally posted by RedDaemon
OC-Freak
[I]
Sorry my ugly English.

Don’t worry about your english :wink:
Well if DLA is that bad, forget about it but thanks for proposition.

Anybody about VOB InstantWrite ?

DirectCD have caused som conflicts on my computer - probably do not like all the different CD-writing programs I have :wink: But to be honest I’ve not used it the last 5 months so it may have improved in the last 5 months though.

InCD 4 is sloooooow (InCD 3 is fine though). Measure the writing time for 400Mb to a 24X CD-RW with InCD 4 and compare it to the writing time with B’s clip, Sonic DLA etc.

Yes I may also be interested in DLA 4.5 as I only have DLA 3.6 :wink: My mail is oc-freak@cdfreaks.com

OC-Freak

probably do not like all the different CD-writing programs I have
I think every packet writing software doesn’t like compote made of writing software. I test many of them: InCD3&4, DCD5, DtD6, DLA, FileCD, B’s Clip. After all DtD6&InCD4 impress me very much (of course installed separately) compared to others.
B’s Clip is InCD3 clone in my opinion (or vice versa?). They bring me similar BSODs :a DLA 4.5 has a very wide incompatibility list (Nero is included) :Z FileCD is robust but has awkward interface :confused: (because russian users mostly dislike Explorer-like stuff, we prefer FAR manager or Total Commander :smiley: )

InCD 4 is sloooooow
Isn’t it a payment for stability? Of course there are many people that have problems with InCD4. But I consider they have misconfigured systems. A lot of good cleaning stuff located here: http://www.nero.com/en/631898242809219.html
I use it and now have silky hair :bigsmile: while using InCD4.