Pacific Digital firmware G7Z9

vbimport

I just installed this burner into my sons new Dell computer. Before I even try any burns, should I upgrade the firmware, to the most recent one from Pacific Digital site? I will eventually use the BenQ firmware, but since this is new, I had better stay with the PD firmware for awhile, to see if the drive will actually function.
thanks,
coadman

Test the to make sure that it is 100% functional, then flash.

In one of the other threads someone dumped the media codes and dates and discovered the Z firmware is old. P & T are later releases…

We’ve used this for a few weeks, and think we are ready to upgrade the firmware. Can someone supply me with a link to a thread telling me “exactly” how to do the procedure, and which firmware to use? I imagine I would try the G7T9?
thanks,
coadman

If you used it for a few weeks and are pretty much satisified that it works ok I’d say just use WinDWFlash and go for the “B” firmwares. Problem with G7T9 and G7Z9 are they don’t work quite right with Nero CD/DVD Speed so you won’t be able to any real quality testing. I personally would use at least B7T9 myself but I always liked B7T9 and am really starting to like B7U9. :wink:

We’ve used this for a few weeks, and think we are ready to upgrade the firmware. Can someone supply me with a link to a thread telling me “exactly” how to do the procedure, and which firmware to use? I imagine I would try the G7T9?

http://dvdpro.club.st/firmware/BENQ_FW.htm

cross flash your “G” firmware to the “B” firmware by downloading the WinDWFlash.exe and the B7P9 cvt file & open it up and save it to your desktop. that firmware is decent to use in my opinion with the brands of dvd media that i use. you can flash the drive in safe mode. make sure there’s no media in the drive, turn off all programs running in the background such as antivirus. then double click on the WinFlash.exe file. then direct winflash to where you have the B79P cvt file. then let it flash the drive, it will tell you when it’s done and then reboot the pc.