Pacific Digital (benq1620) will benq warranty it?

Does anyone know if benq will rma a drive that i bought as a pacific digital, it says benq right on it…I emailed benq but who knows how long they will take to get back w/ me…

I don’t think so, product warranties are provided by the retail outfit that branded and sold the product. I’m certain you can’t send a POS Dell to Intel for repair/warranty… :smiley: But whatever your issue, good luck getting it resolved…

If i have to send it back to pac. digital. i will just keep it as a reader,. it still seams to work good for that.

What’s broke?

long story short, was working fine for months. just started not burning, updated to new firmware, put in different computer,. still either wont start burning or wont finish, maybe 1 out of 5 discs will be readable…see …DW1620 stopped burning…thread…

Well since you’ve obviously been chasing the problem here with no success, no sense in starting the process all over again. I’ll just leave well enough alone and wish you luck with your next burner…

Regards-

i really liked it when it worked…i am looking at the lg 4167, they have them at newegg for $42 or i can get one locally for $70.00. I also thought about waiting for the benq 1650 but this is the second 1620 i have had go bad,go figure, my slowest…oldest drive…plextor 504a still burns good and it is about 3 years old i think