Pacific Digital 16x drive at Office Depot is 1600

vbimport

If anyone wants to get a BenQ 1600 to play with the 16x plus only DL drive by PD at office Depot turns out to be one. 149 this week with a 20 MIR so 129 after all the goodies come back.
Includes Nero bundled, black face plate or beige, cables, quick start pamplet but no media.
Have fun :slight_smile:

does the drive say benq when you connect it? ive had issues with rebages putting thier stinking version of fw on them so you cant upgrade. :Z

Nope BenQ all the way, only thing PD about it is the box :slight_smile: has latest 1600 firmware too, still testing.

Well dumb me it’s a Digital Research drive box. can you edit the starting post to fix that? I’ve bought so many PD drives it’s stuck in my head :a

Here is picture of the label.

Did test burn on HDD small partition backup used mcc003 made in singapore, sorry to say this media code is not one that can do 12x or 16x but it did burn ok

BenQ DW1600 fw B5C9 for burn but scanned with B5F9

nero 6.3.1.17 let me do bitsetting but the drive defaults to DVD-ROM for all + media.

verbatim datalife plus dvd+R 8x@8x

can anyone do quality test on disks that were burned @4x?

Ok well sure here is ricohR01 burned on BenQ at 4x scanned with kp2.2.3 using my liteon 832 the disk was burned using speed3 make test disk function.

Ok well sure here is ricohw11 burned on BenQ at 4x scanned with speed3 using my nu 082, the disk was burned using speed3 make test disk function.

Ok here is ricohw11 burned on BenQ at 4x scanned with speed3 using BenQ DW1600, the disk was burned using speed3 make test disk function.

New fw B5G9

just proves my point that benqs are nice drives… :wink:

Very nice. I was eye-ballin it in OD today.

Um i went to digital researches website no hint of this drive…also 2 office depots never heard of it…you sure it was digital research can i get a model number?? also you sure it was office depot?

Yup OD had it, it is a transitional product till they get the 1620 out there so many stores may not have any any more. I think it was even listed as low availability and dicontinued on their web site. Model number is ddvd16dl and I don’t see it on their web site either yet but I was able to register it with them no problems.
Heres the link to it http://www.officedepot.com/txtSearchDD.do?uniqueSearchFlag=true&searchTxt=437-440

its ok im getting one from axion for 130$ a benq boxed one… :wink:

will you get the upgrade if its a dr box though?

Of course you will, the drive is just like Kens pics, a BenQ 1600 in a DR box. we’ve both used BenQ firmware all ready and DR even has seperate firmware updates for the various drives they sell that appear to point to the manufacturs sites :slight_smile: