P5K Deluxe/Wifi and Vista x64 SATA Drive issue

I have two SATA burners installed with Vista x64, they burn fine but burst rate is only 14 mb/s when it was 60 mb/s on XP Pro

Does anyone know what driver I might have installed that I shouldn’t have or need to install?

This is a Asus P5K Deluxe P35 chipset board.

Thanks

In which port did you put your SATA burners?
Did you set in BIOS to IDE or AHCI or RAID?

I believe you should put in the SATA 1/2/5/6 (RED) instead of SATA 3/4 (Black) but maybe others can chip in.

Well I tried putting the Samsung SATA drive on all the different ports and still I am only getting 30 mb/s, was getting 14 mb/s with 2 SATA burners on the other black ports.

This is still not right, I am thinking it is a driver issue.

Anyone with a P5k Deluxe and a SATA burner want to try something for me?

Download CDspeed (it’s free and no install needed) Nero CD-DVD Speed website

Then put in a already burned DVD, select your drive in the drop down list, click “Run Test” and select “Burst Rate”, it only takes a few second.

I really would appreciate it.

Then list what drive and what what motherboard BIOS you are using.

edit: I have tried this drive in Vista x86 and get 60 mb/s so I know it’s Vista x64 related and really think it’s driver related at this point.

1. You need to use ICH9R southbridge SATA ports and in AHCI Mode/Legacy Mode
  2. Why bother? Burst speed doesnt really matter…
    //Danne

[quote=DiiZzY;1986406]2. Why bother? Burst speed doesnt really matter…
[/quote]Because burst rate is one of indicator whether the SATA burner is compatible with the controllers settings?

MegaDETH mentioned that when he uses XP he got 60 MB/s but in Vista he got only 14MB/s and that would mean he wouldn’t be able to burn at full 16x-20x speed plus more reading/playback issues.

Unfortunately I did not install with AHCI Mode on so not it would require a format or messing with the registry, not even sure it can be done on Vista but I am not going to attempt it yet.

Yes burst speed is a big deal for readback.

thanks

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;1986406]1. You need to use ICH9R southbridge SATA ports and in AHCI Mode/Legacy Mode
2. Why bother? Burst speed doesnt really matter…
//Danne[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that whole lot of chunk of great 2Mbyte of data and if you read later on he mentions 30mbyte/s,
//Danne

With two SATA drives hooked up it was 14 mb/s now with only one it is
30 mb/s.

I ordered a SATA PCI card as I need one anyway so we will see what happens.

I have tried the drives on almost all the SATA ports and updated the BIOS, the drives were 60-70 mb/s in XP so one can surmise that it is somehow software related.

Stuck one drive in my other system (nforce4) with Vista 32bit and it gets 69mb/s.

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;1986482]Yeah, that whole lot of chunk of great 2Mbyte of data and if you read later on he mentions 30mbyte/s,
//Danne[/QUOTE]

Same board with Vista 32bit. Installed on Intel S/B (non AHCI) . Mobo Bios rev 705. Maybe something to do with the 64 bit drivers. Maybe Dee can help as she has been using a P35 chipset and Vista 64 bit for a while.:wink:

Edit: Just for info my HDD and burner are using the same driver on 32bit Vista.

I only get 30mb/s on a samsung 203N in XP. I’m not using raid or AHCI mode. I didn’t try the RAID SATA ports yet, just using the plain SATA port. I may have misread but I thought AHCI could only be used with RAID enabled, does that sound right? Its a DFI Blood Iron MB, excellent so far.

I get a burst rate of 63 MB/s.

Thanks Jan, I don’t know what it is at this point.

I know the hardware is capable, I have tried different SATA cables, tried the drive on different ports, rolled back drivers to Vista’s, installed new drivers with no luck.

I have ordered a SYBA SD-SATA-4P PCI SATA Controller Card and will have it later in the week.

Here are my full specs, anyone with a Asus P5K Deluxe wifi and Vista x64 please chime in here or PM me, thanks

Core 2 Duo E6600 (L629F) @ 3.690GHz
Thermalright ultra 120 extreme x2 Yate Loons Push/Pull
ASUS P5K DELUXE/WIFI
4X2GB A-DATA PC2 6400
2x 320GB SATAII Seagate, 1x 750GB SATAII Seagate
eVGA E-GEFORCE 8800 GT 512MB Superclocked
22" Hanns.G HDMI LCD
Corsair HX620
CM Stacker 810

Minor update, I changed to AHCI mode by editing the registry and then
rebooting and changing the BIOS setting to AHCI.

Didn’t have any problems doing that and everything works fine.

But still no change in the Burst rate! :sad:

have you never fixed this?