P2P users purchase 4.5 times more & issues with MP3 phones

vbimport

I just posted the article P2P users purchase 4.5 times more & issues with MP3 phones.

While the  music industries continue its lawsuit campaign against those who do          the most file sharing, some  recent research found that the music industries are likely suing their best ...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10643-P2P-users-purchase-4_5-times-more--issues-with-MP3-phones.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10643-P2P-users-purchase-4_5-times-more--issues-with-MP3-phones.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I have had two zen micro’s both died after a month because of my bad hands. I had a rca lyra for 2 years dropped it millions of times it still worked when i sold it to someone. I am not buying a new mp3 player until they can provide sturdiness.

No surprisise here… People who heavily downloaded MP3s in the first place did so because they were music enthusiasts. Downloading still doesn’t replace your favorite albums or artists. Downloading had very little affect on my buying habits, in fact it has caused me to buy CDs I wouldn’t have done in the past because I was able to checkout artists, many of them uncommon and are only in specialty music stores. I use to buy at least 1 cd per week and when Napster came into the scene, it’s possible I was a very naughty boy. Now-a-days I don’t do that much music, I switched to DVDs for awhile but lately my entertainment of choice are 2nd hand video games.
[edited by Rhelic on 29.07.2005 17:00]

On a tangent, it’s comical that it took a 3rh party (Apple) to show the RIAA that if people were given a decent digital solution to music (iTunes) then they would eat it up. Somehow, I still don’t think the RIAA really understands this all yet. Perhaps the RIAA needs to work on a campaign to improve their image. I mean the people who had to pay fines for illegal downloads, perhaps the RIAA should take every dollar from their “fines” and apply it to an iTunes (or other) account, even more proper, give them access to the “stolen” songs via a legal download service so that the people could properly own the songs they, indirectly paid for via fines. Of course it would take a massive amount of man hours for somebody to pick & choose all those songs for each person fined. But hey, it sounds good on paper :slight_smile: