Oversupply for CD-R discs remains

vbimport

I just posted the article Oversupply for CD-R discs remains.

Mr. Belvedere used our newssubmit to tell us about an article at digitimes about the persistent oversupply of CD-R discs. The prices are low and the competition is intense.

CD-R disc prices for…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4182-Oversupply-for-CD-R-discs-remains.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4182-Oversupply-for-CD-R-discs-remains.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Oh no! Let’s all send money to disc manufacturors to make up the difference.

If some employee’s of the Music Industry are so scared of falling Audio CD sales, wouldn’t it be better for them to change their job to manufacturing CD-Rs and sell what the customers want as well has have good sales :wink: At least the manufacturers of CD-Rs and CD-RWs have learned a lesson :9 by dropping the price of blank media to affordable prices compared with the Music Industry which keeps rising the prices of Audio CDs and wonder why piracy is on the increase!

So how come the best price that ‘Future Shop’ in Canada can come up with is $29.99 per 50 spindle?? or $.5998 CDN / $.35988 US each :c And the’re not even guarenteed!

god this is pissing me of what the hell is wrong with these people here we have the music industry movie and game companies all going full on on stoping us coping there stuff even though after a couple months no won wants it any more or have cracked it but at the same time hardeware manufactures are now complaining that there not selling enough well if we cant download it (witch we can) or copy it what is the point of buying hundreds of blanks do they really think we all need hundreds of blanks when all we can do is make coasters with them as we dont have that much of our own stuff to back up so my advice to them is either let me back up my music games and movies legally or make hardeware that will do it for us as at the moment things are getting stupid no wounder people are going back to game consoles and pushing there comps in the corner for internet use and word processing only so hardeware and software manufactures wake up and get of the gravy train before it dries up.:4

Business is dirty! Money and Power

CD-R Manufacturers shouldn’t fear, I’m sure that Warcraft III will create approx. 2 billion coasters