Oversize copy file

vbimport

New at this burning thing, and have just made a few coasters!

The game CD I am trying to copy is a full 640Mb with no free space. When I make an image file (using ClonyXXL and CloneCd4) the image file is 797Mb, and therefore when I try to burn to an 800Mb CD it can't do it!

Is there something I'm doin that makes the image file so big?

Any help appreciated.

Something is not right there, and are u saying your using 90minute/800mb discs?? Nearly all games will have no problems at all fitting on 80min/700mb discs. What title are u trying to back up? If you give me some more info on what exactly you are trying to copy maybe i can help you.
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I am trying to copy SIMS Hot Date. Using all settings as passed on by ClonyXXL

When you say the image is 797mb, is that under CCD, or did you find the file with Windows and view the file size? The image usually shows itself under windows in a wierd format, so you shouldn’t rely on it. Also what’s your CD-RW? Can it support the media and program your using?

DFourthHorseman

if you rip an image with clone-cd you will sometimes get a file that is bigger then a cd can handle.

but when you burn it later with clonecd to make a backup everything will be fine

did you already try to burn it??

I have tried burning it - it gets to about 80% and then gives an error message (can’t remember what, but will have to burn another coaster to repeat it!).

CD4 reports the file size as ~774mb, as does Windows.

Burner (Sony CRX175A1) runs fine with no compatibility issues with my system (XP Pro).

Originally posted by hfinlay
[B]I have tried burning it - it gets to about 80% and then gives an error message (can’t remember what, but will have to burn another coaster to repeat it!).

CD4 reports the file size as ~774mb, as does Windows.

Burner (Sony CRX175A1) runs fine with no compatibility issues with my system (XP Pro). [/B]

save coasters, burn it on a cdrw :slight_smile:

Your trying to burn a 797 mb image??
Onto a 800 mb cd? Try using a 700mb and see if that works, what might be happening is that the drive cant read the 800mb cd. Some drives have this problem and cant read the cd.

//edit//

you posted the same post twice , hope you don’t mind i deleted one :slight_smile:

//end of edit//