Overlord Fade protection

The manual claims the game has Codemaster’s fade protection, I think they’re bluffing … can anyone please confirm?

My backup works OK (but equally as slow as the original … must be the lack of RAM on my PC). Didn’t see anything wrong after 5-10 minutes of play, and the game doesn’t come with a CD-Key either.

Post splitted from this thread as I like the copy protection list as clean as possible :wink:
I had some games using fade protection I think the first one was opertion flashpoint and one of the latest is silent hunter 4. Some say it’s a myth and I never experienced any problems with fade I think you’ll find some thread about fade using the search function, good luck.

I think the first one was opertion flashpoint and one of the latest is silent hunter

OPFP used the serial-based FADE system (like in ArmA)
but SilentHunter does use Custom SecuROM checks, so the ‘FADE effects’ are caused by a ‘non-proper’ crack.

From what I’ve read here I think FADE works with a serial [I]and or[/I] possibly check the integrity of the EXE or other files so I’m starting to think Codemasters just prints ‘This game has FADE’ on all of their games.