Overload the power of the cpu!

vbimport

I thought it would be interesting to post this.

95 degree Celsius = 203 degree Fahrenheit yes I would have to say that is
extremely bad. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi,

what did you use to heat up your CPU?

HP Pavilions aren’t famous for their cooling system :stuck_out_tongue:

Michael

LOL! I hit 100C on my Pentium 4 1.4GHz once…of course, the HSF being completely b0rked was why. :bigsmile:

mobile CPUs are designed to handle higher temps than their desktop brothers, the t7200 is rated to 100c so you’re still within specs

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9SF

95c is not exactly good, but on the other hand its not really bad either, and its not uncommon in laptops. when you are really stressing your laptop you can put water bottle caps (or anything that will raise it a little) under the feet to help improve airflow.

edit: honestly I’d be more worried about the hard drive at 56c than the CPU at 95c

[QUOTE=mciahel;2496734]Hi,

what did you use to heat up your CPU?

HP Pavilions aren’t famous for their cooling system :stuck_out_tongue:

Michael[/QUOTE]

LOL, i opened 3 programs and the main thing is i used a program called handbrake to convert an HD video.

i used a program called handbrake to convert an HD video.

That’ll do it nicely. Encoders are notorious cycle stealers. They’ll use every bit of CPU (and then some) you’ve got.

[QUOTE=jwill427;2496761]…when you are really stressing your laptop you can put water bottle caps (or anything that will raise it a little) under the feet to help improve airflow.[/QUOTE]

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again…those wire cake coolers. :wink:

Cheap, and almost every woman has one. :bigsmile: (or indeed anyone who likes t bake cakes!)

just be sure to eat the cake before setting your laptop on it :bigsmile::stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe, two instances of Super-Pi plus MSSE condemned to scan the HDD plus attempted to run Avidemux. System (Dell Vostro 1500) does not go above 68°C :smiley:
Have I already mentioned that HP Pavilions have a poor cooling system? :bigsmile:

My laptop goes up to ~90C but that’s a little 12" with a T2300 as stock CPU (it now fits a T7400) :slight_smile:
//Danne

[QUOTE=jwill427;2496895]just be sure to eat the cake before setting your laptop on it :bigsmile::p[/QUOTE]

Hey, you could cook your cake at the same time. :bigsmile:

I’ll have to download that proggy and see what my Dells can get up to :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2497110]Hey, you could cook your cake at the same time. :bigsmile:

I’ll have to download that proggy and see what my Dells can get up to :)[/QUOTE]

So you are hoping that your dell can cook cakes?

We’ve had overclocking of computers for a while, and now we have moved on to overcooking?! :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2496965]Have I already mentioned that HP Pavilions have a poor cooling system? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
One more mention wouldn’t hurt. :disagree: :stuck_out_tongue:
Apple’s idea of cooling isn’t very far off from HP’s, though Apple will at least have the processor cool down to 87 degrees C. :doh: Form > Function is definitely a motto in Apple’s and HP’s headquarters.

[QUOTE=vroom;2497112]So you are hoping that your dell can cook cakes?[/QUOTE]

Hehe :bigsmile:…actually, I just remembered I have my step-dad’s Pentium M lappy here (all fixed but he’s yet to pick it up), so I might give that a go. It’s old and I have no idea how good the cooling is on it (HP/Compaq machine). :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2497120]Hehe :bigsmile:…actually, I just remembered I have my step-dad’s Pentium M lappy here (all fixed but he’s yet to pick it up), so I might give that a go. It’s old and I have no idea how good the cooling is on it (HP/Compaq machine). :)[/QUOTE]

Good luck Arachne.

These chips are designed for this, right? They’ll be fine. :iagree: (All temps in Celsius, running Handbrake)

(I still wish none of the manufacturers let things get this toasty before taking action. The processor can be kept much cooler than this if the fan is pushed to the full 6K RPM. I can’t remember if my old HP had quite so much head room).

[QUOTE=bozee33;2496766]LOL, i opened 3 programs and the main thing is i used a program called handbrake to convert an HD video.[/QUOTE]

LinX is the most stressful program I have ever run across if you truly want to stress a CPU. You will easily see temps over 100C if you are getting 95C with handbreak.

DO NOT run this program for extended periods of time:
http://www.youwatched.com/datajay/linx(0.64).7z

To properly monitor temps on your CPU, use Core Temp it will give you a temp for each core:
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/CoreTemp32.zip