Overlength Audio with CD Text

Hello - anyone alive with experience writing Audio with CD Text? My Philips 1660P1 as well as my LG GSA-H55N do support CD Text - but only if the total length of written audio does not exceed 79’59". For burning on my Philips, I use Nero 7 Premium, on my LG - Nero 6. Results are always the same: more than 80 mins of audio causes both Neroes to issue the “overburning” warning (no prob with that), audio is written to the disk without error messages - but not the CD Text (the famous pain in the famous part of your body when writing e.g. the Nutcracker - 87:44 of flying blindfolded). Nero TechSupp claims that the culprit is the CD writer and recommends to update its firmware ( no updates available ).
Anyone any idea for a solution or work-around?

Moving you to the ‘Nero and InCD’ subforum chilifreak, someone their might be able to help. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=chilifreak;2491774]Hello - anyone alive with experience writing Audio with CD Text? My Philips 1660P1 as well as my LG GSA-H55N do support CD Text - but only if the total length of written audio does not exceed 79’59". For burning on my Philips, I use Nero 7 Premium, on my LG - Nero 6. Results are always the same: more than 80 mins of audio causes both Neroes to issue the “overburning” warning (no prob with that), audio is written to the disk without error messages - but not the CD Text (the famous pain in the famous part of your body when writing e.g. the Nutcracker - 87:44 of flying blindfolded). Nero TechSupp claims that the culprit is the CD writer and recommends to update its firmware ( no updates available ).
Anyone any idea for a solution or work-around?[/QUOTE]
Answering my own question - THE CULPRIT IS NERO !
If you ever encounter this problem of writing CD Text with more than 79min59sec audio, than
File -> Options -> Various, and UNCHECK "Check Media Type before writing"
I don’t remember when (not so long ago) and where, and in which context I stumbled across this hint -
BUT IT DOES WORK !
Shows the fact that even (the guys at ) NERO (Techsupport) don’t know well their own software, or that they are playing the chicken game (blaming the hardware for their own faults).