Overclocking

vbimport

#1

i have to computers i want to over clock.

  1. Toshiba laptop, p-1 166mhz 16mb ram, win95.

  2. Built desktop, p-1 166mhz, 32mb ram, win 95.

TIA for any help.


#2

Originally posted by kwkard
[B]i have to computers i want to over clock.

  1. Toshiba laptop, p-1 166mhz 16mb ram, win95.

  2. Built desktop, p-1 166mhz, 32mb ram, win 95.

TIA for any help. [/B]

1 not possible

2 care to tell us the hardware brands ?


#3

Originally posted by kwkard
[B]i have to computers i want to over clock.

  1. Built desktop, p-1 166mhz, 32mb ram, win 95.

TIA for any help. [/B]

Is it worth to overclock?:stuck_out_tongue:


#4

Originally posted by uglyduck
Is it worth to overclock?:stuck_out_tongue:

moderator hat on
i am off topic now
moderator hat off
LOL , i think it’s the last you can do with 'em :slight_smile:


#5

i don’t know the hardware brands other than the pentium processor. Somebody had the computer built for them a few years ago and now they gave it to me. So if its not possible oh well, i guess I could use it as a paperweight:)


#6

The toshiba can be a good toy to play Linux with it


#7

Mr Belvedere is right it would be a nice linux toy, whipe the drives and slap on the tux. the machines are so out of date i would not use them for anything more than internet sharing devices or as a firewall. unless you have kids i find old machines make great learning tools for the up and coming hacker… umm i mean proficient pc user.


#8

i though about putting linux on it but haven’t had the cash to buy it, and don’t have the bandwidth to d/l it. Speaking of linux, i do have a startup screen on my palm pilot that displays tux;)


#9

Originally posted by kwkard
i though about putting linux on it but haven’t had the cash to buy it, and don’t have the bandwidth to d/l it. Speaking of linux, i do have a startup screen on my palm pilot that displays tux;)

It’s just a buck or 40.

Or get someone to download the iso’s for ya.

I think schools might be a very good place to look for Linux copies.


#10

ok purchasing linux is going to be cheap if you dont want to use a download program and spend 4 days downloading. it should cost you 15 to 40 dollars, you can buy from like wal mart, or on the internet. but your paperweights arent worth that probably.