Overclocking TDK 24x Burners

vbimport

Ok heres the deal. I have 2 TDK burners. The first is a VeloCD TDK 24/10/40x CDRW running firmware 6v36. The second is a VeloCD TDK 24/10/40B CDRW running firmware 57S9.

Now my question is, can either one of these drives be overclocked to burn at a higher rate? If so, could you please tell me exactly what files I need to get for which burner and the order in which to flash them? Thanks a lot for any info you guys can give me!

• evotex

Ok heres the deal. I have 2 TDK burners. The first is a VeloCD TDK 24/10/40x CDRW running firmware 6v36.

Seems to be a sanyo 24X, I do not think it’s overclockable but I don’t know for sure. (it may be a Lite-On LTR-24103S which is overclockable to a LTR-32123S, but I doubt it).

The second is a VeloCD TDK 24/10/40B CDRW running firmware 57S9.

Lite-On LTR-24102B, not overclockable.

Thanks a lot for the reply OC-Freak. I tried using mtkflash on the 24/10/40x to convert it to a LTR-24103S but it wouldnt work, mtkflash wouldnt even read the current firmware in dos.

The second I converted to a LTR-24102B using mtkflash but like you said, that’s not overclockable :frowning:

Is there any other way to do it besides mtkflash as that doesnt seem to work with the x? For example, could I use Pflash? Only problem is I cant find an option to make Pflash make a backup of the current firmware and I cant find any binary .bin firmware for the 6v36. Any ideas? If not, then oh well, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

• evotex

I do not think pflash support backing up firmware…

And I don’t think it’s overclockable anyway :wink:

Nope I’ve not seen a binary firmware for it either (probably since pflash do not support extracting firmware from drives…)

Yeah that’s pretty much what I figured. I did however find a link on TDK’s website to download a zip file containing a WinFlash utility and a bp15_v36.bin file which I am hoping is the binary .bin firmware file for my current firmware. Only thing about it is the file size for this bin is so much smaller than the LTR-24103S firmware. (This file is about 262kb whereas the LTR file is about 524kb)

So I was considering going ahead and trying Pflash on my burner with the LTR-24103S firmware and hoping that the bp15_v36.bin is my full current firmware.

If you want to take a look at it, the file I found from TDK is located here:

ftp://www.tdk.com/software/CDRW241040x_6v36.zip

Well, thanks again for your help OC-Freak!

• evotex

It’s a sanyo so it wont work to flash it with Lite-On firmwares…