Overclocking firmware for TDK 40/12/48b

I was told that I could overclock my burner to 48x. Can some please email me the correct bin file? I believe it is the VS08 from Lite On. Or email me as to where I can find the correct bin file.

Thanks…:slight_smile:

Originally posted by lopies

I was told that I could overclock my burner to 48x. Can some please email me the correct bin file? I believe it is the VS08 from Lite On. Or email me as to where I can find the correct bin file.
Thanks…:slight_smile:

Yes, you need, for example, vs08.bin in order to turn your TDK into LTR-48125W
vs08.bin & mtkflash, mtkflash guide, FAQs

Thank you BoSkin for the response. I flashed the drive and its works like a charm.

Thanks again…:slight_smile:

I have a question BoSkin since I’m new to these forums.After downloading vs08 from the link do I need to d/l winace and convert vs08.ace to a bin file?I’m guessing what I’ll be doing is:d/l mtkflash and unzip to a floppy.d/l vs08.ace and convert to bin file with winace.copy vs08.bin to floppy.from dos run mtkflash and turn my drive(hopefully) into a liteon 48X.I currently have a tdk 40/12/48B with rom listed as z7sb.If I’m off base about any of this I’d appreciate being straightened out.I’ve read through the mtkflash guide and faq,but I may need a reread.Thanks in advance.:bow:

This are the directions that I followed. Is is for the Lite On. But the versions are the same. You can also down the correct bin file that you will need. No need to convert here. Hoped this helped.

Overclocking firmware for TDK 40/12/48b

Thanks for the link,I’ll get right on it.:cool:

Woo hoo! Looks like I have myself a liteon 48125w now.Life is good.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by sl168

Woo hoo! Looks like I have myself a liteon 48125w now.Life is good.:bigsmile:

Great ! And I’m sorry for not noticing your post before.
Anyway, the job’s done well, congratulations !