Overclocking and burning

vbimport

To all the experts outthere!

I have a Duron 750mhz system with Plextor PX-W8432T Rev. 1.09. This system rocks!

But when I overclock my system to 800mhz (by changing multiplier) everything works just fine, except burning :frowning:

When I overclock my system to 758mhz (by changing FSB with 1mhz) everything works just fine, except burning :confused:

Anybody any clue what causes this? (I thought I understood PC hardware pretty much, but I can’t think of a plausible cause…)

Thanx in advance,

it may had to do with the fact that when you overclock your chip, you end up overclocking your PCI, AGP etc. I am not 100% sure if it does that same to your IDE channels, but as everything else gets changed I imagine your IDE would to a certain extent and wants to work at 66/100 Mhz or whatever…

It usually boils down to your network card or AGP bumming out before anything else - even the chip - but it does have adverse affects on other parts of your system. simple solution - when burning don’t overclock…

!¬)

As you may know, when overclocking by changing the multiplier from 7.5 to 8 does not have any effect on the pci/agp/ide bus… overclocking by changing FSB does!