Overclockers I need your feedback

vbimport

Please select any of the following, thanks so much :slight_smile:

I in my part have only one thing to ask you, which is

do you have 40x - 48x media at hand ?

No, not at this time :slight_smile: but there must be somewhere out there.

Yep ! I thought as much. What are you gonna achieve w OC-ing then :confused:

And when it comes to media, when it’s there then there will be time for OC’ing to 52x - 60x -
didn’t you notice such a tendency ?

Do you get the picture ?

You have a point there, but overclocking ur drive will give you Mt. Rainier support :stuck_out_tongue: am I right? Or you can get this with ordinary firmware upgrade from the Lite-On site?

40125S has it w zs0J or zs0K

Sorry, gotta go now ! :wink:

Well, since my drive conked out on me I would say I was not satisfied. It was while it worked, though. Only time wil tell how successful this truly is.

Good idea for this poll, BTW. Could have added the options “somewhat satisfied” and “very unsatisfied” though…

This will wind up being more of a popularity contest, I fear, as most users never really test the drive before ,or after, O/Cing. It seems most folks assume it works if the burn completes and the disc appears to be readable. Perhaps I’m a perfectionist? I would have voted, “somewhat unsatisfied” it it were an option.

Originally posted by 83bj60
[B]Well, since my drive conked out on me I would say I was not satisfied. It was while it worked, though. Only time wil tell how successful this truly is.

Good idea for this poll, BTW. Could have added the options “somewhat satisfied” and “very unsatisfied” though… [/B]

Ok Ill edit my poll :slight_smile: thanks. Oooops cant edit the poll :frowning:

I have 40x media and overclocked my 40125W to a 48x using VS02. Tried burning with smartburn both enabled and disabled, and everytime right at the end of the disc, burn proof kicks in. Doesn’t matter what media, will always occur between 95 and 100% So as a result I am not very satisfied at all. Changing the firmware has absolutely no affect, the problem still persists unfortunately.

I have 40x media and overclocked my 40125W to a 48x using VS02. Tried burning with smartburn both enabled and disabled, and everytime right at the end of the disc, burn proof kicks in. Doesn’t matter what media, will always occur between 95 and 100% So as a result I am not very satisfied at all. Changing the firmware has absolutely no affect, the problem still persists unfortunately.

This is most likely a system under-run, not related to the CDRW or the media. BTW, if it’s Memorex 40x media, throw it away, or only burn it at 24x.
You could also increase your Nero read buffer to 80MB.

Also,

One must consider that when OC’ing to 48x drive, you get CAV writhing, not P-CAV (Partial) but full on CAV when burning at 48x.

You can not get this with any other Drive/Firmware unless you go to the VSxx firmware. It appears to be a 48x burn thingy. Check your drives. At 40x you are P-CAV and at 48, you’re CAV.

CAV is far and away the best writing method.

The problems most peeps are encountering are MEDIA related pure and simple.

It says it’s 48 speed, Nero 5.5.9 still says it’s max is 40. It’s in a P1 together with a Pio 4 Plextor 12 speed on the slave, so it’ll never reach 48x anyway.

And i don’t have 48x certified media…

So , i’m a little satisfied.

Originally posted by humblehyper
[B]

Ok Ill edit my poll :slight_smile: thanks. Oooops cant edit the poll :frowning: [/B]

You could ask the forum moderators to do it for you :slight_smile:

You could ask the forum moderators to do it for you

I’d like to ask a moderator how come I can only vote once? This is America! Vote early, vote often…

Originally posted by rdgrimes
This is most likely a system under-run, not related to the CDRW or the media. BTW, if it’s Memorex 40x media, throw it away, or only burn it at 24x.
You could also increase your Nero read buffer to 80MB.

It is not a system under-run, that is certain. I will change my comments however, as I have managed to OC it now to 48x successfully. I used the VS06 firmware. The first problem I encountered still occurs, but only when smart-burn is enabled. With smart-burn disabled, the drive will burn perfectly at 48x, with a burn time of around 2:43 for a full 80min SVCD image. This is about 26 seconds quicker than a burn @ 40x using the same media. The only problem is, there do appear to be errors right at the end of the CD, obviously where the media cannot handle the higher writing speeds. The bright side however is that there are normally well under 0.5% of errors. I think VS06 seems to work a lot better simply because it supports more media. Now I just gotta find somemyself some 48x media :slight_smile:

Seems like majority are satisfied with O/C their Lite-On :slight_smile: I myself dont need it right now cause we still dont have 40x above media available locally :slight_smile: but Im still tempted hehehehehe