"overclock"-ing?

vbimport

I have a lite-on 411S, and i was looking for media on newegg and noticed some people said they could burn riteks perfectly with their liteon 451s@851s, does that mean their 4x burner is “overclocked” to burn at 8x? or does it just mean that they can burn 4x media at 8x speeds? i’ve been reading around here and it seems it only means 4x media @ 8x speeds but if im wrong, then i’d LOVE to flash my f/w so i can burn at 8x on my 4x drive :wink: (excuse the newb-ness for I do not usually post on nor am i a dvd-burner enthusaist)

You better do some more search for information on 411@811.

or you coulda saved both of us some type and space on the webserver by not making me post this reply to you if you simply told me what the answer was :wink:

Originally posted by tekz0r
I have a lite-on 411S, and i was looking for media on newegg and noticed some people said they could burn riteks perfectly with their liteon 451s@851s, does that mean their 4x burner is “overclocked” to burn at 8x? or does it just mean that they can burn 4x media at 8x speeds? i’ve been reading around here and it seems it only means 4x media @ 8x speeds but if im wrong, then i’d LOVE to flash my f/w so i can burn at 8x on my 4x drive :wink: (excuse the newb-ness for I do not usually post on nor am i a dvd-burner enthusaist)

Sorry about joj´s short answer. But basically he is right.
If and when you wanna “overclock” you must know yourself what you are up to. Therefore the search button is very useful.

A search for “411@811” gives you 93 topics and 1000´s of posts…
But you could start here. Take your time and don´t hesitate to ask if something is unclear.
We are all here for you. :slight_smile:

Or here.

uhm, what’s the difference between overclocking your drive to burn at 8x and media at 8x? :wink:

smack

:wink: